Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Posts out there not part of the BSA learning for life?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Posts out there not part of the BSA learning for life?

Just curious how many posts out there have broken away from the BSA, and if so how you went about getting your town to accept the program without that connection. I think LAPD broke away and I have heard others did the same. Many of the posts in my association would like information on any road blocks that were met when this action was taken, and how they were over come.

We broke away for a couple of reasons...The annual cost plus insurance. Also since we are a City Police Department we cannot discriminate ect.It seemed like the only thing BSA was doing was taking our money and requiring us to file trip permits...in our own vehicles(PD) ect.

We have our own local Police Activities League..and we receive our insurance under them. CalPal & national PAL..

Comment

Originally posted by hiroller
      We broke away for a couple of reasons...The annual cost plus insurance. Also since we are a City Police Department we cannot discriminate ect.It seemed like the only thing BSA was doing was taking our money and requiring us to file trip permits...in our own vehicles(PD) ect.

We have our own local Police Activities League..and we receive our insurance under them. CalPal & national PAL..
      Yeah we found that their insurance comes last anyway, which many don't realize (town, pesonal then the BSA.....) and the only reason a lot of the post remain in the BSA around here it the week long Explorer Police Academy the local council host. Many have said the would walk if there was ever an alternative which we are working on doing. As we know learning for life was created so the BSA would not loose $$ with programs dropping out, so they now allow leaders that are not accepted by the BSA to be leaders, but its under learning for life so its not the boy scouts (nice play on words huh) . For a non-profit organization they definately look to make lots of $$.

Comment

BSA has SOMETHING to do with our program... but I have hostile feelings (OK, maybe I shouldn't put it that way, but what the hell) towards them for several reasons.
        Frankly I wish we'd break away.
        PM me if you want to know why, I don't want to post them publicly.
        Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

I have been an explorer for the past four years and the only thing related to BSA we have is the insurance. We pretty much do our own thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3938 users online. 250 members and 3688 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X