300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explorer exam

hey i was just wondering if any of you guys could tell me what kind of questions they ask you during your oral interveiw for explorers...mine is coming up soon and i was just wondering...any info would b great thanks

As an explorer post advisor, I hope this helps:
    1. Why do you want to be an explorer
    2. What have you done to prepare yourself for the role of explorer
    3. Are you going to be able to maintain a decent GPA and attend the weekly meetings.
    4. What do you know about this Dept?

That should help you out somewhat. The questions may not be exact, but along those lines.

Good Luck!!
    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

When they ask you why you want to be an explorer, DON'T say "Because I like guns" or "I like donuts" anything along those lines... No cop jokes at your interview (IMO).
      Just use your common sense, and everything should go well.

Remember, the person interviewing you in the blue uniform is just that, a person. It took ME a while to get past to seeing the person behind the uniform, but they're people just like you and me.
      What I'm trying to say here is that they understand you're nervous, they're not a machine, and don't stress about it too much.
      Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

thanks for the advice so far guys....any other questions that got asked to you when you had your interview...ik most of you had interviews so dont be shy...thanks

Comment

Define Sexual harassment.
          Give us your best definition of Community Oriented Policing
          What is racial biased?
          How are your plans in 10 years.
          Explain your resume, including any hobbies that you do, in choronological order.
          How would you be a liability to this department?

Comment

Have you done drugs or alcohol,
            Would you rat on a friend to help police
            What would you do if your friend drove to a party and you knew he was going drink.
            Someone said harassment.

Good Luck

Tell the Truth on Everything.

Comment

well today's the day i interveiw at 530...only a little nervous..lol....thanks again for the advice it is much appreiciated

Comment

well good luck, wish we had an interview we have a few less than perfect explorers...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisG
                  well good luck, wish we had an interview we have a few less than perfect explorers...
                  amen to that... I wish they would at least run a background check... we've gotten so with record before...
                  Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

i think an interview and short BG check would be great, even if just to help the explorer...ik 1 kid, he has had problems with tickets (i believe he was suspended 2 times) and other stuff yet he is an explorer and going for a CRJ degree. gotta love people who go for a career but do zero research on it ...i want to be a cop and have been looking into the field for almost 2 years. maybe the advisors could have informed him he may have a problem with his tickets....but w/e

Comment

name the 5 least fattening donutz.....

www.schackdaddy.com
                      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

how many of you explorers had to do a interview or background check...we do that and in addition are on 3 months probabtion once we are accepted anyone have somethin similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Hanks44
                          how many of you explorers had to do a interview or background check...we do that and in addition are on 3 months probabtion once we are accepted anyone have somethin similar?
                          technically we have 6 months probation but we don't really follow it.
                          You're not supposed to have a felony or misdemeanor arrest, but they don't run background checks (to my knowledge).
                          They should. If your post doesn't, I encourage you to push for it. We've gotten some bad apples.
                          That's all I can say.
                          *can't find a good smilie for sober/straight face*

Comment

If you have been arrested for anything, most departments will probably not take you. They'll look at the circumstance but don't count on it. Just remember to always keep positive thinking, volunteer for whatever details, etc. that you can and always show a desire to learn.
                            "It's not a lie Officer,
                            It's a creative recollection."

Comment

Wow... you guys take your "duties" as Explorers WAY too seriously. I was the Chief of my Explorer's post from 15-18 and we never had any interviews. If you applied, you got in. If there was some reason you weren't working out, you were asked to leave. In 4 years I never saw that, though.

You're just kids... let other kids into your group, don't be elitist ****** - there's no point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5590 users online. 313 members and 5277 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X