300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badges and Warning Lights

This seems to be a hot issue in the explorer community. Should Explorers be issued real badges? My badge for my department is the standard Mass. police style, and says POLICE in big letters, but the top rocker says EXPLORER- NOT AN OFFICER to identify us from real LEOs. A post in a nearby town (Danvers) doesn't wear real badges. They have embroidered shield patches instead to differentiate them. We also have to carry ours at all times, which I think could make some kids think they're real cops.

Also, does your post allow you to have Warning Lights in your personal vehicles? We're allowed to have a blue/red combo, but we get in big trouble if we use them incorrectly. Explorers are used so often in our town, almost like Auxiliaries, that they allow us to have them in case we get a call and have to go somewhere fast. We're also authorised Public Safety radios in our POV's too. My truck is outfitted with a Whelen Dashmiser Plus II and white headlight strobes in the front, and a Code3 supervisor LED strip in the rear window. In order to have our lights we have to have the placard that says IPSWICH POLICE and EXPLORER POST over our front license plate. I got the Code3 strip for my birthday, and man is that thing bright!

There is no reason for any explorer to have red/blue lights on their personal car or to possess a genuine police badge. You are not a sworn officer. There should never be any confusion of this. Allowing these things would only lead to problems.

Comment

This is rediculous! Sworn officers don't even have lights on their POVs...why do you need them? I was going to comment on the badge, but the light thing has got me shaking my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwulfe
        There is no reason for any explorer to have red/blue lights on their personal car or to possess a genuine police badge. You are not a sworn officer. There should never be any confusion of this. Allowing these things would only lead to problems.
        Agreed there is no reason for this!

Comment

Originally posted by CraneRanger_IPD
          My truck is outfitted with a Whelen Dashmiser Plus II and white headlight strobes in the front, and a Code3 supervisor LED strip in the rear window. In order to have our lights we have to have the placard that says IPSWICH POLICE and EXPLORER POST over our front license plate. I got the Code3 strip for my birthday, and man is that thing bright!

***Java shakes his head in disgust****
          WHY??? JUST WHY????
          That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

Comment

Good way to get shot and killed.....Having a real badge, real police lights, and no real weapon to defend yourself.
            Also a real good way to get your dept. sued when someone complains they were being robbed and they saw you drive by with lights and a police type placard and didn't stop......

Comment

I've been fighting for my post to *NOT* get badges. Everyone else in the post (explorer wise, the advisors left it up to us for the most part) wants them, luckily I outrank all of them...
              But wait, you're "required" to have them on all you at all times? Why? What are you going to do "off-duty" (aren't you always off-duty, though? You're never "on-duty") that you might need a badge...?
              And the lights, you drive with them on? Have you taken EVOC or similar? Are you covered under the department's insurance?
              Just, wow...

Comment

Originally posted by CraneRanger_IPD
                This seems to be a hot issue in the explorer community. Should Explorers be issued real badges? My badge for my department is the standard Mass. police style, and says POLICE in big letters, but the top rocker says EXPLORER- NOT AN OFFICER to identify us from real LEOs. A post in a nearby town (Danvers) doesn't wear real badges. They have embroidered shield patches instead to differentiate them. We also have to carry ours at all times, which I think could make some kids think they're real cops.

Also, does your post allow you to have Warning Lights in your personal vehicles? We're allowed to have a blue/red combo, but we get in big trouble if we use them incorrectly. Explorers are used so often in our town, almost like Auxiliaries, that they allow us to have them in case we get a call and have to go somewhere fast. We're also authorised Public Safety radios in our POV's too. My truck is outfitted with a Whelen Dashmiser Plus II and white headlight strobes in the front, and a Code3 supervisor LED strip in the rear window. In order to have our lights we have to have the placard that says IPSWICH POLICE and EXPLORER POST over our front license plate. I got the Code3 strip for my birthday, and man is that thing bright!

That Stuff is cool!! In our post only the Explorer command staff and exploer honor guard has badges and stuff like that .

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof
                  That Stuff is cool!! In our post only the Explorer command staff and exploer honor guard has badges and stuff like that .
                  What a tool... don't provoke more post from that kid.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof
                    This is why Explorers should not be issued tin, and should never, ever, EVER, be permitted to use emergency equipment on/in their vehicles.

All this "cool" stuff will get you or someone else hurt or killed - not to mention the possibility that you might end up in jail or lose your house. Oh... that's right... you will lose Mom & Dad's house...

Hopefully, at some point you will figure out that it isn't about "cool." Those who don't get over it usually have to live with the "cool" because they won't be working as a cop.
                    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Comment

I bet they have a K9 unit too.

Comment

We would arrest any explorer caught with lights on their POV and they do not need badges or id cards. It only leads to wannabe syndrome and lots of trouble and an explorer who will then never be a cop for real.

Comment

I call BS on this guy. Police vehicles in Massachusetts don't use red and blue combos. They're strickly Blue/Blue. Scratching your head?

Check out this link: http://policecarsite.lidonet.net/st21.html

The only exception I see on that page are the City of Boston Park Rangers, who use the odd Yellow/REd combo.
                          Still leading the team in PIMs, the fans are calling me a goon.
                          --------------------
                          This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

Comment

My truck is outfitted with a Whelen Dashmiser Plus II and white headlight strobes in the front, and a Code3 supervisor LED strip in the rear window.
                            He is talking big money... Hell, I can't afford that now, let alone when I was a teenager.

It does sound a bit suspect. Reminds me of Turkey Bacon.

Comment

Explorer posting in SQUAD ROOM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gotta Go Now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6770 users online. 364 members and 6406 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X