300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Details

I just worked a traffic detail for 400 people and no advisor was there and none of my fellow explorers showed up.
    I ended up having to design the setup for the traffic flow and giving a crash course in traffic direction to a couple of adults I got to help me out.
    Have any of you guys run into a situation like this?
    Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Are you bragging or complaining?

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
      Are you bragging or complaining?
      Lol... complaining, but I think I did ok
      Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Yeah, done a number of solo details...it's kinda cool being on your own...then get's kinda lonely being off by yourself. I think they're good for you b/c they force you to be responsible.

Comment

Solo details with other officers at the event, I showed up, told IC that i was there he said dont get hurt and let me go... get interesting looksfrom ppl
          PSE Anderson

"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"

"Better to be by judged 12, than carried by 6"

Comment

Never done a solo event. If I showed up top an event and there were no explorers or advisors I would leave. Why did you stay?
            U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
            Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

Originally posted by TPD Cadet
              Never done a solo event. If I showed up top an event and there were no explorers or advisors I would leave. Why did you stay?
              Probably because I'm a bit of an idiot... or maybe because the boyscout leader was just kinda hopeless and literally clinging to me (loading buses for the Boyscout Jamboree).

Comment

Originally posted by letshearit4blue
                Probably because I'm a bit of an idiot... or maybe because the boyscout leader was just kinda hopeless and literally clinging to me (loading buses for the Boyscout Jamboree).
                YA the same Jamboree where some folks were killed this week

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                  YA the same Jamboree where some folks were killed this week
                  Oh gee, aren't you just a bottle of sunshine...

Comment

Whyu would you stay.... because with most events we do as explorers we are asked to be there, and if no one showed up, after saying we would, it gets around to officers who ran the detail, whitch gets around to other offcers whict sounds and looks bad for that post
                    PSE Anderson

"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"

"Better to be by judged 12, than carried by 6"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5351 users online. 307 members and 5044 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X