300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenarios

Hey was wondering fi you guys wanted to do some Role playing type things in here. Like some one would give a call and you would say how you would respond with or with out radio traffic included. I know this helps with memory retention...
    PSE Anderson

"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"

"Better to be by judged 12, than carried by 6"

Ok, your on duty full uniform in a black and white.

1B24 respond to 1249 Motel Six regarding a 415PC disturbance: the call has been updated to a husband and wife arguing in the parking lot.

You get on scene:

Facts: Husband and wife are yelling at each other.
    Kids are in the husband's car (2 year old, 4 year old, and 5 year)
    Wife has custody of the kids, but does not have the court documents
    Husband wants to take the kids to Mexico
    No injuries, no hitting, no slapping, only verbal..... only verbal and yelling . What do you do? What do you do? (Hypothetical interview question of an Orange County Agency.

Good luck... Think! think! Think!
    www.****************************
    Good Luck and Test Well!
    Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
    6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

I could get the jist of the call from the "facts" portion, but your department's codes are not even close to the same as mine, so if you could please elaborate more on what a 415PC disturbance is, etc., I would be much obliged.

Comment

Originally posted by wayno1806
        Ok, your on duty full uniform in a black and white.

1B24 respond to 1249 Motel Six regarding a 415PC disturbance: the call has been updated to a husband and wife arguing in the parking lot.

You get on scene:

Facts: Husband and wife are yelling at each other.
        Kids are in the husband's car (2 year old, 4 year old, and 5 year)
        Wife has custody of the kids, but does not have the court documents
        Husband wants to take the kids to Mexico
        No injuries, no hitting, no slapping, only verbal..... only verbal and yelling . What do you do? What do you do? (Hypothetical interview question of an Orange County Agency.

Good luck... Think! think! Think!
        www.****************************
        Are the parents seperated or divorced? If divorced, Kids go with Mom, and stay in the country. If seperated, I would probably wait and see some court docs. I would of course run both parties through LEIN, and possibly request a CO to the scene.

Comment

Sorry, I thought everyone was from CAli....

415Pc: fighting, causing loud noice or using offensive words in public place.

further on the call:

-Couple are still legally married, but are in the process of filing for divorce
          - Husband and wife comes back from JDIC or dispatch as clear, current, and driving status Valid. NO wants or warrants......

What do you do? The husband wants to take all three kids to MEXico. The wife is "Screaming" no, no, no.... but does not have the paper works to show custody.

do you separate the kids? Do you let the daddy take the kids, or do you take the kids and give them to mommy? What would you do. No supervisor or sgt. is available. The court is closed, and you cannot verify the information through courts affair.... You are standing there and you are in charge. Your FTO is standing to the side and watching your every move and decision. What do you do.....?

I'll check back in a couple of days to read up on the post. This post is for the explorer with limited or no LE experience. There's no right or wrong answer, just make a decision and we'll see how you did.

If you are a PO or Sheriff, then the answer is easy, but for an explorer and this is the EXPLORER PoST section, then the decision is tough. But this is what you asked for.
          Good Luck and Test Well!
          Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
          6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

my answer

i'm not a PO yet. But I would tell the father that the kids are to stay with the mother untill the next day or the next day the court was open. The reason I say this is not because I dont think the father could handle his kids or he couldn't take care of them, but that it would be a little harsh to let him take the kids to another country with out the proper paperwork and I would let him know that. I'm sure theres certain procedures i'm forgeting but remember i'm not a police officer yet. So how did I do?

Comment

***Former Explorer***

Here's what I'd do:

I'd call in for a cover officer just in case the father gets a little crazy with my decision. I'd would like to get both parents as far away from each other as possible to keep the screaming and yelling to a minimum. In hopes that the CO arrives quickly, i'd ask him to question the mother about when the paper work has been filed, how long has she had custody of the children, what are the terms of the custody, why doesn't she want the father to take the kids into Mex, has he ever made any statements about taking kids away form you, etc. while the other officer is questionning the mom, I'd be doing the same with the father, with my main concern being why are you taking the kids into mexico, how long do you plan on staying in mexcio, etc.

This is a very tough decision w/ out seeing any paperwork, but I'd have to rule in favor of the mother:

1. I think she knows that the husband wanting to take the kids to mexico is a very bad idea due to the father possibly not coming back
              2. I find it very suspicious that the father would want to take all 3 kids into mexico; especially after questionning the mother says that father has made statements in past regarding taking the kids away

I'd feel that the father is a possible flight risk with the kids not coming back and would put the children back into the custody of the mother and send them on their way home. I'm in OR and not sure how CA law works but that's my input...
              Put 'em on Safe and let 'em Hang...

Comment

This is a civil matter. But because it is dealing with someone going to another county with no docs present kids stay with mom until courts open due to they may not come back. then talk to motel mgt and ask i they want a ct for the husband. Thats all we can do.
                PSE Anderson

Comment

1st thing i would do is call for a cover officer (if not already enroute). Seperate both parties and interve. If there was any name calling or threats, the person who was calling names or making the threats would go to jail for family vilence or terrisitc threats. If husband was arrested kids go with mom. If mom was arrested kids go with CPS (child protective services).

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer741
                    . If there was any name calling or threats, the person who was calling names or making the threats would go to jail for family vilence or terrisitc threats.
                    Have a few problems with this. First off name calling is not illigle, so there is no familiy violence see below

[QUOTE]
                    PSE Anderson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6321 users online. 342 members and 5979 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X