300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear for Explorer Interview?

What is appropriate attire for an interview? Suit & tie? Jeans (or suit pants), button down, & tie? Just jeans (or suit pants) and a button down?
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Button down and dockers. No one expects a suit. It's not a police interview board.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion! I went out and got a pair of dockers (they will fit quite nicely between my 10 million pairs of jeans and sole, lonely, pair of suit pants).

Is it also a good idea to bring a resume? Or anything else?
      REINSTATE THE TRIG
      Your logic defies logic
      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.

Comment

You need to make yourself unforgettable. Wearing nice clothes and bring more paperwork than they need is, in my opinion, a good thing. Worst thing they can say is they do not need the resume. They do see that you came prepared. I once applied to a job where they expect jeans and t-shirt to interview. I wore a suit and tie as well as my resume and background questionnaire I found online. That interview did not last very long. I sat down and she asked me only 2 questions, what the paperwork was for and when I can start.

Now I have never applied for an Explorer position so I might be wrong.
        What Is A Veteran?
        A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

I recommend wearing your fursuit and impressing the Explorer coordinator. After all you’re probably the first card carrying furry fandom interviewee who belongs to a subculture interested in fictional anthropomorphic animals to apply to the Explorer program.

On a serious note: Just relax and you'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasmblack View Post
            You need to make yourself unforgettable. Wearing nice clothes and bring more paperwork than they need is, in my opinion, a good thing. Worst thing they can say is they do not need the resume. They do see that you came prepared. I once applied to a job where they expect jeans and t-shirt to interview. I wore a suit and tie as well as my resume and background questionnaire I found online. That interview did not last very long. I sat down and she asked me only 2 questions, what the paperwork was for and when I can start.

Now I have never applied for an Explorer position so I might be wrong.
            Well, I agree 100%, so Ill try it and see how it goes. I am thinking bring a resume, list of references, and questions. If I don't need it, fine, but if I do, it seems like these would be good to have on hand.

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post

I recommend wearing your fursuit and impressing the Explorer coordinator. After all you’re probably the first card carrying furry fandom interviewee who belongs to a subculture interested in fictional anthropomorphic animals to apply to the Explorer program.

On a serious note: Just relax and you'll do fine.
            Oh yes, fur suits would leave the best impression.

But thanks
            REINSTATE THE TRIG
            Your logic defies logic

Comment

Wear your Sunday best. Good luck.
              Super Secret Ninja Squirrel
              "SSNS"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

You don't need all that for an explorer post interview. Just relax. It's Boy Scouts, not the Secret Service.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

BTP seems to be a mature, articulate, bright young man who will do just fine.

However if he starts posting in 10 code, I’ll fly to the Bay Area and give him a
                  swift kick in the rear.

BTP, good luck!

Comment

Thanks guys! The interview went better than expected, all I have to do is fill out some paperwork, then start the training program in march.

Thank you all so much for your support!!

(oh, and Sani.....the 10 codes are coming. Winter is upon us )
                    Last edited by BiteThePullet; 02-08-2015, 01:25 PM.
                    REINSTATE THE TRIG
                    Your logic defies logic

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
                      Thanks guys! The interview went better than expected, all I have to do is fill out some paperwork, then start the training program in march.

Thank you all so much for your support!!

(oh, and Sani.....the 10 codes are coming. Winter is upon us )
                      I expected a "10-4"....

Comment

Here's a couple of tips I have for you from my experience with Explorers...

•Buy a duty belt and put EVERYTHING on it you can possibly fit.
                        •Buy a metal badge without permission from your Explorer advisors.
                        •Tell an officer (an officer you have NEVER met before, to be more precise) of the agency you are an Explorer through how they did bad on their traffic stop...while they have you pulled over.
                        •Use said badge in point #2 to attempt to get out of a traffic stop.
                        •Become a part time drug dealer.
                        •Use a lighter to set some paper on fire...inside the department.

I was an Explorer from 14-21. I learned a great deal of info from my Advisors. However, each year we have to remind the Explorers that they are NOT law enforcement officers.

I DO recommend the wolf suit if you plan on being a furry.

Good luck and use your common sense!
                        Last edited by jrb1652; 02-09-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrb1652 View Post

•Tell an officer (an officer you have NEVER met before, to be more precise) of the agency you are an Explorer through how they did bad on their traffic stop...while they have you pulled over.

I was an Explorer from 14-21. I learned a great deal of info from my Advisors. However, each year we have to remind the Explorers that they are NOT law enforcement officers.

If I may add, during “Felony or High Risk Vehicle Stop” training interrupt and advise the instructor that's not the way *John Cooper and Ben Sherman do it.

*Southland (TV series)
                          Last edited by sanitizer; 02-09-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrb1652 View Post

I laughed so hard I had to put my phone down and count to ten

I was also planning on
                            • speeding - Cuz I am basically a SWAT guy once I become an explorer
                            • Have my blue gun as a CCW, and paint it black for tactical realism
                            • Going around and arresting people that j-walk (felony arrest, of course)
                            • taking a squad car on patrol whenever I want

Oh and after I have been appropriately arrested for all that, I will pop into AAC and ask if I can still be a cop

(seriously though - thank you for your support, and I hope very much I can make the program & dept. proud)

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
                            If I may add, during “Felony or High Risk Vehicle Stop” training interrupt and advise the instructor that's not the way *John Cooper and Ben Sherman do it.

*Southland (TV series)
                            I'm going to have to google that now. Is this a case of curiosity killing the cat?
                            REINSTATE THE TRIG
                            Your logic defies logic

Comment

BTP, code 7?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4358 users online. 271 members and 4087 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X