Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer PT

How is the PT at your explorer post?

I'm joining an Explorer post and the first meeting I'm supposed to attend is a PT meeting... I don't wanna be blind sided by a hard *** workout.

The lady I talked to said that they train in a gym area but sometime she takes them to Fedex Field (Where the Redskins play which is like 2 miles away) to run laps and run stairs.
    Last edited by Gotts56; 11-02-2009, 11:26 AM.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

When is your first meeting?

The first time we did PT, they worked us so hard I didn't know how I'd get through it. But they just kept telling use to never say quit. You eventually get through it. Just don't give up, try your best.

Comment

I'm a Varsity Football and Wrestler... I never quit. I'm just trying to prepare myself for a little bite of it.

First meeting is this Wednesday(1-2 days away). I'm leaving Football practice early to get there since its 30 mins away from me. My county doesn't have a Explorer program but surrounding counties do.

My county (Anne Arundel County) Disbanded the explorer program about 5 years ago.

Comment

Don't even worry about it .. I also don't understand why some departments have PT since it doesn't come into use at any details or anything like that .. Now stating that my department obviously have no PT.

Comment

Originally posted by mpdexplorer View Post
          Don't even worry about it .. I also don't understand why some departments have PT since it doesn't come into use at any details or anything like that .. Now stating that my department obviously have no PT.
          Umm, well the way I understand the purpose of the Explorer program is to help prepare you for a career in law enforcement. And every department I've looked into requires you past a physical agility test to get hired.... so.... seemed like common sense to me

OP - Your advisors should understand that each new explorer comes to the program with a different physical background. They should push you, but understand your limits.
          The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets

Comment

Has your post ever attended an Explorer competition? There is an entire day devoted to PT-related events at most competitions. I also agree with what Jessyca says above.

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about it too much as you say you are an athelete anyways. At the first PT meeting I attended it was definitely intense, but it wasn't impossible. The advisors know you are volunteering to do this so they generally won't push you beyond your limits.
            Last edited by SSD; 11-03-2009, 03:44 PM.
            sigpic
            Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessyca View Post
              Umm, well the way I understand the purpose of the Explorer program is to help prepare you for a career in law enforcement. And every department I've looked into requires you past a physical agility test to get hired.... so.... seemed like common sense to me

OP - Your advisors should understand that each new explorer comes to the program with a different physical background. They should push you, but understand your limits.
              makes sense to me too.. but i guess in my post hardly any of them want to do LE or anything related to it. They just want the community service hours... makes sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by SSD View Post
                Has your post ever attended an Explorer competition? There is an entire day devoted to PT-related events at most competitions. I also agree with what Jessyca says above.

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about it too much as you say you are an athelete anyways. At the first PT meeting I attended it was definitely intense, but it wasn't impossible. The advisors know you are volunteering to do this so they generally won't push you beyond your limits.
                We plan on it but we have a special squad (Code3 Pack) to combat the explorer competitions and the majority of what we do is learn the paperwork side since that is about 90% of LE and 10% is getting in a physical alteration ... right jessyca and SSD

Comment

makes sense to me too.. but i guess in my post hardly any of them want to do LE or anything related to it. They just want the community service hours... makes sense to me
                  Ahh, see, thats a requirement for my post. If you're just in it for the volunteer hours, you won't be around long...

Comment

Ahh, see, thats a requirement for my post. If you're just in it for the volunteer hours, you won't be around long...
                    Oh im not in it for the hours.. ive been in it for 3 years 12 ride alongs 120 + hours of riding with the officers filling out chp 180's, face sheet , closing out calls, doing FI's, using the radio.... and yourself..?

Comment

Oh im not in it for the hours.. ive been in it for 3 years 12 ride alongs 120 + hours of riding with the officers filling out chp 180's, face sheet , closing out calls, doing FI's, using the radio.... and yourself..?
                      I've been in the program long enough to know how juvenile it looks to list every little thing I've done with the Post

If you are honestly curious, feel free to send me a PM.

Comment

I've been in the program long enough to know how juvenile it looks to list every little thing I've done with the Post

Nah not honestly curious, it looks very juvenile since i am one

Comment

GETTEM!
                          "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Well good news... Annapolis PD is supposedly openning up an explorer post by the end of the year and I gave the guy a call so right now I'm going to hold off on that and I just got in contact from a small local agency about being a volunteer for them and that looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotts56 View Post
                              Well good news... Annapolis PD is supposedly openning up an explorer post by the end of the year and I gave the guy a call so right now I'm going to hold off on that and I just got in contact from a small local agency about being a volunteer for them and that looks promising.
                              Good luck!

We plan on it but we have a special squad (Code3 Pack) to combat the explorer competitions and the majority of what we do is learn the paperwork side since that is about 90% of LE and 10% is getting in a physical alteration ... right jessyca and SSD
                              Even if LE is only 10% physical, LE is also all about being prepared for the unexpected... if you aren't physically fit and if you dont maintain that fitness than you are way more vulnerable should anything happen.

See below quote

Agreed!
                              sigpic
                              Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4444 users online. 270 members and 4174 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X