Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wantsabadge View Post
    OH NO!!!!!!!HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!

Explorers and Reserves are two totally different things, yes an explorer post is paramilitary but that is there for "structure" and to give the impression to explorers what it is like in the real world of LE. Remember what Exploring is all about?? TO provide a general idea to the lay-person what it really is like in that particular job.

Now just to put it out there what i have learned from my experiences believe me I was ‘one of those explorers" who thought i knew it all and ruled over others with command regulations and orders, but the one thing you will find out quick is that, sure you may get results from doing that, but the quality of the results may be poor, and you probably wont have the respect of your peers or those under you, also when one is in this mind set they tend to come off cocky, and can any one guess what ****es off a cop most?......... a cocky explorer.

in order to become a better leader, one must have the respect of those under them, they must not be respected out of fear, but rather feard for their respect, ..... i think thats what i ment to say......

just abit of advice here, sure one can sit back and be a “patrol supervisor” but what does this come off to others as? A abuse of power maybe? What will the explorers under you think? That the commander never does anything just gives it to the Capts? Or Sgts? If you want to be a better leader, take the time to get “down and dirty” do it your self, when at an event do what your explorers are doing or relieve them for a hr or so, teach what you do to others that way when you do have to pass something down the person knows how to do it and what your standerds are. If something isnt working then chang it up, wise man once said “crazy is doing the same bloody thing over and over again and expecting a different result”

Just to sum it up “Leadership is about behavior first skills second”
    I agree with you a bit, however I will say this that I probably sound cocky on this forum, but I am not, my peers respect me and come to me for advice when they need it and also on the off time we have fun and after events we do joke around. I don't understand when you say I am a cocky explorer? In what aspect am I being cocky since I dont see it saying in the Above post.

Now you say in order to become a better leader one must have those respect for those under him and blah blah.. well you make absolute no sense on that, ... you say I should go in and do the dirty work like stand a post for a hour or so... That is a No-No speaking that I have 40 explorers. and 5 Command Staff under me ... oh am I coming off to cocky? sorry I do INSPECT TO EXPECT.. so that means i go do the work and see if what i have done is being done and also it gets my 'exposure' since i dont do dirty work right sir?

Also you said I should get down and dirty to show my standerds which is actually spelled standards are. That is the job of the Corporals and Sergeants.. They are the ones setting the example that I have shown them to show to the explorers.

Lastly your advice was worthless.. It went in one ear and went out the other because I actually do that already.

Edit - You also shouldn't know that what ****es off an Officer which you refer to a 'COP' is a cocky explorer since you aren't one and you still want a badge.

-C1
    Last edited by mpdexplorer; 11-03-2009, 06:48 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

Originally posted by SSD View Post
      Reasonable enough, I saw what you were getting at as I mentioned before I agree with what you said. You are right that they choose to follow the orders and the higher echelons have no legal authority over them, but of course the similarity exists that if they choose not to follow the commands, they are also choosing to exclude themselves from the post in the same way that if you declined to follow your Sergeant's orders you would most likely be canned or atleast have a few days on the beach.

Thats all I wanted to say or "correct" about what you said. I don't want to come off as argumentative but it seems to me atleast that the para-military structure of the Explorers does indeed have to be followed by every post member who wishes to continue his/her participation.

Reserves are not the same thing as explorers. As District B13 mentioned, within the post they have a very legal rank structure which if not followed could potentially result in charges pressed against the offender. Reserves would not exist if they could do whatever they wanted. They volunteer too, yes, but beyond that there are no similarities.

The chain of command in Explorer posts is as mentioned earlier is primarily in place to familiarize the Explorers to the concept of a chain of command so one can comprehend it if they decide to proceed into LE as a career. An Explorer can choose to disobey a command and the worst that can happen to them is termination. A LEO who chooses to disobey a lawful command risks everything(Including Reserve LEO's).
      Yes, I know that the explorers and reserves are similar only to the extent of being a volunteer.. I'm not dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessyca View Post
        District B 13,

I don't know how familiar you are with the Explorer program. But, one of the things my post teaches is how a typical "paramilitary" chain of command works.

Sure, everyone is a volunteer, and there is no legal authority there, but it is useful to know how the a chain of command system works.
        Yes, agree Jessyca

Comment

Originally posted by mpdexplorer View Post
          You probably don't realize the Explorers is a Para-Military organization and you say they volunteer to listen to my orders? So the Reserve Police Officers are volunteers so they can voluntarily listen to ranked officers? ..

BTW, On event I am there working a post with them I do enjoy that.
          Originally posted by mpdexplorer View Post
          Yes, I know that the explorers and reserves are similar only to the extent of being a volunteer.. I'm not dumb.
          The contradiction you made above is why I addressed what I did. You say you understand and I'm sure that you actually do; but when you make statements like the first one it leads others to believe that you do not, infact, know the difference.
          sigpic
          Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

The attitude displayed by the OP is why I'm glad I'm no longer associated with the explorer program.

Comment

The contradiction you made above is why I addressed what I did. You say you understand and I'm sure that you actually do; but when you make statements like the first one it leads others to believe that you do not, infact, know the difference.
              Sorry about that mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post

The attitude displayed by the OP is why I'm glad I'm no longer associated with the explorer program.
                You are not a Police Officer ..
                So you might not want to pursue a career in law enforcement since we will come in contact alot...

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post

I'm sorry this person is giving you such a poor impression of, what can be, a great program.
                  The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets

Comment

You also shouldn't know that what ****es off an Officer which you refer to a 'COP' is a cocky explorer since you aren't one and you still want a badge.

OK, you just pushed my A- Hole button,
                    Just who do you think you are telling me what I do and don’t know? I have no problem admitting that I’m not a "officer" I am well aware of that believe me, how do i know what P***es off a officer that is a simple answer, ...My WHOLE family is in Law enforcement, dad, all my uncles and aunts cousins and those who don’t work for a LE agency work with DOC or in a court house, ive been around officers my whole life, not just officers but FBI agents and US Marshals too. I’m not saying i know everything cuz i know i dont, but i know a good deal, i dont go around flashing it around quoting ARS codes and Case Law because that is not how you get respect from officers, and yes respect is a big thing, dont mock me on that its obvious that because you go blah blah you dont get any respect and dont know the advantages of having it.
                    you can go and tell me what i know and dont know when you have done half of what i do i hate to go and tell what i have done because i dont want to brag and crap thats why if you look at what ive posted you can tell i keep it vague but just so you know who you are talking to and what ive done so you realize that im not some half beat explorer capt that reads quotes and that I do know what im talking about
                    ..., once you have gone and,(im using this word for lack of a better one but i dont agree with it, ) "saved" a 11month old that was choking on a toy, then you can tell me what i know, when you go and hold pressure on a sucking chest wound on a teen that got shot and see the fear in the eyes, then you can tell me what i know, when you go and find a young kid dead in their house from a OD, and you being a EMT know that they are dead but yet somehow you have to keep telling the crying parents that its ok and hes going to be fine hes going to make it when you can do that, then you can tell me what i know, when you have gone to a fire scene and run line off a truck and lay it and tag a plug, and pump the truck while the crew of 5 is busy, two going interior and 3 on a RIC Team then you can tell me what i know, when you have held C-spine on a elderly man stuck in his car because he was hit by a drunk driver and talk him through everything that’s going on around him and calm him down while the guys extricate him from the car then you can tell me what i know.
                    But wait your a PD explorer sorry, lets get PD too cuz i do both....when everytime you go on a ride with an officer and you and the officer are the ONLY form of LE in the area then you can tell me what i know, when you have gone hands on with multiple suspects because the officer was getting beat and you have used your one pair of cuffs as a improvised brass knuckles and all beause the SO is 30 min away and DPS is 15 away, and you are the only “back up” then you can tell me what i do and dont know, when you are on a first name bases with the chief of police the Capt and Lt and all Sgts, and the whole Fire Dept, then you can tell me what i know and dont know, when you have sat out side and guarded a homicide scene with just you and a new explorer and one officer by the DB for 8 hrs waiting for county then you can tell me what i do and dont know,
                    and how do i know what ticks an officer off? just sit here and read the threads that come up in this area of the site, por favor leendo aqui,
                    im going out on a limb by writing this and im going to cause all kinds of crap to hit the fan by writing what I just wrote , im just waiting for the officers to start tearing me up, but i dont care anymore you do need a reality check and quick cuz, "if you dont realize that you come off cocky" you better realize it quick because you take that to a real dept as a LEO and you will be lucky to get off FTO, let alone deal with the public you are no more important or better than the explorers under you and they can do do everything you do if you teach them

FYI what i mean by "down and dirty" is that you should be able to do everything that your explorers can and even better, i can do anything they can and i can show them how to do it better so that they improve, weather it be simple stop and approach to high risk stops, to donning turnouts and SCBA in 2min flat, to how to hold and control a 1 3/4 line to how to maintain a stable mind on EMS scenes when mutipal people are screaming and crying for help, as you run with you BLS bag and figuring out who has a chance and who’s already lost, when you can do HALF of that then you can tell me what i know and dont know,

I’m done with this thread, stubborn as a mule. Like you said in one ear and out the other.

I hope that you can realize what im saying cuz if you keep talking and acting like a “patrol supervisor” you will be in for a rude awaking, but yea what do I know I still “want a badge” but I also want to earn a badge.

You are not a Police Officer ..
                    So you might not want to pursue a career in law enforcement since we will come in contact alot...
                    JUST BECAUSE A PERSON ISNT A OFFICER DOESNT MEAN THAT THEY DONT KNOW WHT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ......

im so done .....
                    Risk a lot to save a lot;
                    Risk a little to save a little;
                    Risk nothing to save what's already lost

Comment

Wantsabadge:

Just a word of advice for the rest of your career: "Ef' em'."

Those of us that have done the deed, seen the elephant, been there done that or whatever don't need to brag, don't need to thump our chests, or do any self promotion. When others get diarrhea of the mouth about their accomplishments, those that have simply listen and smile while sipping their drink.

Oh and change your screenname. Those of us who have been there and done that don't care about a badge or pin or medal.

Comment

This is a great program all in all!! end of it all if you all are fine with that

Comment

Jessyca,

I am well aware of what Exploring is about. I have many years in it, both as an Explorer, Cadet, LEO and Post Advisor.

You are all children who are allowed to wear a uniform that makes you think you are cops. You get to play along with LEO's who work day in and out. You get to run around in your little party outfits and tell people where to park cars and drive.

Get over yourselves. The OP started to pontificate about his status as a leader and how great he is. He was taken to task on it and shown ways to improve his outlook and "leadership" skills. He and most of you who drink the Kool Aid have decided that we, the adults who actually do this for a living, don't know what we are talking about. Well, we do. That's why we are LEO's and not little kids running around with blue guns in our holsters and telling stories about handcuffing suspects and bailing cops out at every turn.

Exploring is a program to LEARN about LE, not a program to satisfy someones desire to play Commander. Those titles mean nothing, don't try and make them out to be something they are not.
                          Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                            Jessyca,

I am well aware of what Exploring is about. I have many years in it, both as an Explorer, Cadet, LEO and Post Advisor.

You are all children who are allowed to wear a uniform that makes you think you are cops. You get to play along with LEO's who work day in and out. You get to run around in your little party outfits and tell people where to park cars and drive.

Get over yourselves. The OP started to pontificate about his status as a leader and how great he is. He was taken to task on it and shown ways to improve his outlook and "leadership" skills. He and most of you who drink the Kool Aid have decided that we, the adults who actually do this for a living, don't know what we are talking about. Well, we do. That's why we are LEO's and not little kids running around with blue guns in our holsters and telling stories about handcuffing suspects and bailing cops out at every turn.

Exploring is a program to LEARN about LE, not a program to satisfy someones desire to play Commander. Those titles mean nothing, don't try and make them out to be something they are not.
                            Most of us? If you noticed, most of the posts here by Explorers have disagreed with what he was saying, and supported your statements. It's like an average citizen watching an episode of cops, then generalizing that all cops do is beat the **** out of people and don't help anyone.

Thanks for the insults. They are appreciated.

/thread
                            sigpic
                            Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

Most of us? If you noticed, most of the posts here by Explorers have disagreed with what he was saying, and supported your statements. It's like an average citizen watching an episode of cops, then generalizing that all cops do is beat the **** out of people and don't help anyone.

Thanks for the insults. They are appreciated.

/thread

Happened long ago kid.

Comment

ok so ive been quite as long as i could on this but this all started as a lets flop them out on the table and see whos is bigger. (bragging)

now mpdexplorer,

how long have you been a commander or whatever the h*ll yall call it?
                                you need to get the sh*t kicked out of you b/c well.... your an idiot and what gives explorers a bad name. has your post or team won a national competition since you have had a rank. get off your ***** and actually do something. all you have done is brag and its bull. you are an explorer just like the other kids below you. and they may act like they like you but they prolly do not if i was one of your corprals or sgts i would tell you to go fu(k yourself.
                                and where is your advisors your a child and should not be handling post money end of story. you have an ego problem and that is what would get you killed on the streets. you have a lot of growing up to do before you should even think about being in law enforcement.

all you are is an officers b*tch

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3900 users online. 208 members and 3692 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X