300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride-Alongs and Collar Brass

For the Explorers with rank out there, do you wear your collar brass on ride-alongs? Just wondering, I'm not sure if it is a good idea, wouldn't want to confuse John / Q. Public any more than they would be anyway.

Our post allows it as well. Like the person above states, if the public is going to be confused about anything, it's not going to be about the Sgt. or Lt. bars on your collar.
    “The Blue Book says we've got to go out and it doesn't say a damn thing about having to come back.”

-Captain Patrick Etheridge, U.S Life Saving Service

Comment

Originally posted by Protagonist View Post
      For the Explorers with rank out there, do you wear your collar brass on ride-alongs? Just wondering, I'm not sure if it is a good idea, wouldn't want to confuse John / Q. Public any more than they would be anyway.
      lol. You're 14 years old. you're not going to confuse anybody...

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
        I see your point, but with the age cap at 21, it could happen if the Explorer uniforms and Officer uniforms are the same color.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          We've got like 10 guys at our post that could EASILY pass as officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
            We've got like 10 guys at our post that could EASILY pass as officers.
            Gullible people do suck.

Comment

This was actually brought up at my post. Several Sgts told us no, several Sgts told us yes, so we wear it depending upon which Sgt is the watch commander for our ride along.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                Gullible people do suck.
                Yes, they do. That's why we are trained in DT, and many scenarios. However, joe scumbag doesn't care if the explorer is an explorer. It still says "SHERIFFS OFFICE" on it. Which is why I never wear my uniform unless I'm going straight to the sheriffs office, or to a sheriffs office activity. It puts a giant target on your head.

Comment

I've been trying to think of one reason why I would even wear them anyway. I mean, I'm proud of achieving that rank, but it's not like you would need your brass on because your just riding along, not commanding Explorers or anything.

Comment

Here, if you hold rank within the post, than that's part of your uniform, so yep.
                    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets

Comment

No and I would rather not. No need.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                        No and I would rather not. No need.
                        +1

I only wear mine during explorer functions.

Comment

I wore mine, because it was in our regulations that we have our ranking insignias on our uniform at all times while in Class A or B uniforms, and we were not permitted to wear Class C (polo shirts) on ride-alongs

Comment

In my post, we wore our insignia to official Explorer events (parades, community services, meetings, trainings, dress inspection, competitions, etc.). We were advised not to wear our rank during ride alongs, though I had forgotten a few times. I wore my Sergeant pins during several rides, even once when I rode with a Police Sergeant... Never heard of a 2 sergeant car before = )

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4251 users online. 262 members and 3989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X