Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoadKingTrooper
    replied
    I was waiting with baited breath for the part about the jar of peanut butter

Oh well

l

Leave a comment:

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by MovingViolation View Post
    just because there are some bad apples doesn't mean we are all bad and that Explorer posts are just a waste of time.
    As a former explorer, I know that.

Unfortunately, as you said, the bad apples are the ones you frequently see posting.

Leave a comment:

• explorer12
    replied
    Thanks movingviolation that was needed on this post.

Leave a comment:

• MovingViolation
    Guest replied
    With all due respect, you, as officers, should know better than anyone else that just because there are some bad apples doesn't mean we are all bad and that Explorer posts are just a waste of time.

Unfortunately, a lot of the "bad apples" seem to be posting on this forum. Like how the media only reports the bad officers' deeds and not the daily heroic tasks officers perform.

Just my $0.02

Leave a comment:

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by rgw1977 View Post
    My Chief recently asked me to look into getting an Explorer Post started. Besides the fact that I would have to administer this program on my own time, reading the threads in on this forum and seing what these kids say, think and how they argue with those of us who know what we are talking about, I told him no way! It's bad anough that if someone else volunteers for this that we will end up with ride alogs all the time. Lucky for me, I am on mids and policy forbids Explorer ride alongs on mide.
    Did you print him out copies of this thread and others?

Leave a comment:

• CH47Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by C-11 View Post
    I was working my real job at the local super market tonight (Tuesday, February 24, 2009) and I made some humerus announcement about how we would be closing in five minutes, and to please finalize all purchases and make your way to the register where I was working. Then, a slightly over weight mister Joe Blow comes from now where with a basket of groceries, ready to be checked out. The store bookkeeper, comes over to ring him out for me and I would bag, we had no baggers only ourselves, and she doesn't bag. LOL. As I start joking with this guy about my goofy announcement he starts laughing and saying how funny it was. Then, he grabs his hat, assumes a dead serious face, and runs for the door, basket of remaining groceries in hand. I think, this guy is playing, he's about to turn around and start joking about the economy and how groceries should be free etc. . When he keeps going. I look at my manager, start chasing this "suspect", and my manager starts following me, passes me, contains the guy briefly, and looses the man from his grip. At this point, I was hands on with the suspect telling him to stop an relax, when he swings on my manager, my manager ducks, I drop knee level with the suspect and tackle him. He and I, the suspect, are now on the ground with the manager regaining his footing coming towards us when the suspect starts fighting with me trying to get away, and then I realized, I don't have his hands. I start flipping out telling this guy to "let me see your hands!" . I know I have to get this guys hands . I see both of them instantly, cause he quite resisting and says "i give up", I held him down, until my manager said get up. I tell the guy cross your legs, and interlace your fingers on the back of your head. He sits there, through the fight his pants came down and his shirt tore so hes begging me to let him pull his pants up etc. I say " no you cannot, sit still", my manager felt sorry and said pull them up its ok. Whatever, he gets his pants up he stays there until the deputies get there, they laugh, i get a high five, he went to jail. Man i felt great, all my training kicked in without me even thinking about it! I love it.

Youre a legend in your own mind. A poster child for why explorer posts are a waste of time. Please tell us which post you belong to. If you really believe that the department you 'work' for wouldnt have a problem with your actions, let us recommend you for an award...

Leave a comment:

• rgw1977
    replied
    My Chief recently asked me to look into getting an Explorer Post started. Besides the fact that I would have to administer this program on my own time, reading the threads in on this forum and seing what these kids say, think and how they argue with those of us who know what we are talking about, I told him no way! It's bad anough that if someone else volunteers for this that we will end up with ride alogs all the time. Lucky for me, I am on mids and policy forbids Explorer ride alongs on mide.

Leave a comment:

• 10-19
    replied
    Originally posted by Till View Post
    Exactly.

Thanks, C-11.
    I have not been on this forum for very long, but whenever I see C-11 post, it is always about some type of heroic stunt he has done. I wonder if his Post knows about his antics.

Leave a comment:

• Sheepdog93
    replied
    I hate seeing these people pretend to be cops, all this crap about "hands on head, going hands on" bla bla bla is not necessary, especially over a basket of groceries. Dont try to be a bad** hero. But I do agree that you should have done something, get tag number, description ect.... then call the police, they will find him. If he was about to kill someone or hurt an innocent person then yes, take physical action (if you still choose to). Citizens should combat criminals, because police are only responders. they show up only to clean up the mess. THE ONLY TRUE WAY TO COMBAT CRIME IS THROUGH CITIZENS STANDING UP TO CRIMINALS WHEN THEY ARE VICTIMS... arm yourselves people, use your 2nd ammendment right...but be smart about it!!! dont try to be cops...because you are not. common sence is all it takes.

Leave a comment:

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
    This is why explorers get a bad name
    Exactly.

Thanks, C-11.

Leave a comment:

• MaineSqueeze
    replied
    This is why explorers get a bad name, because it usually doesnt turn out good.

Leave a comment:

• yangsTa
    replied
    I'm lost. Are you just a normal clerk or in Loss Prevention or something?

This could of gone really bad but I'm glad youre okay.

Leave a comment:

• Lawenforcer72
    replied
    lol when i was 16 working at a grocery store i did the same thing except out in a parking lot and i tackled the guy into the street. Back then i thought i was hot s#it now a days i think "wtf that could have went wrong" basically law enforcement came, and the manager who assisted in tackling this guy got fired and i just got a slap on the wrist.

In ohio its not shop lifting until they exit the doors. Even then using force to stop a 10$ theft..... you can get sued so quick through civil lawsuits if he would have been hurt. Just be careful!

Leave a comment:

• Humdinga
    replied
    If the store that you work for has a policy that no employee, without specific training, can apprehend a shoplifter than you could lose your job. Worse than that, the shoplifter, if he was smart, could turn around and sue the store you work for and you yourself. You have to be very careful when apprehending a shoplifter. I did it for 3 years and its a very touchy subject, especially if there are cameras that video tape your apprehensions.

My suggestion to you, regardless of how good it feels, is to just let the guy go. I've had fights, i've had people threaten my life, try to run me over in their cars. I was all gung-ho too. Then I got married and realized I had someone else to watch out for in my life and decided its not worth being a cowboy anymore. Especially at 16.00 an hour.

Leave a comment:

• Ten-32
    replied
    Originally posted by mcross371 View Post
    More citizens should react this way when they see a crime. It might reduce the costs for all of us law abiders who pay for shoplifters free goods.
    I agree in principle, but the fact of the matter is that it frequently causes more trouble than it's worth.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3335 users online. 236 members and 3099 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X