300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlight help!

So I figured id acctually get a light and holder but im to afraid that the holder wont fit the light or some magical stroke of luck like that. Anyone got any cheap package ideas? (I looked around galls.com and daaaang..)

THANKS!
    Cant wait to get out there!!!

Richard Francis 1948 - 2008
    Killed in the line of duty.

Either get a Maglite and get a flashlight ring or holder that matches the battery size or find a holder that has the same diameter as the flashlight.

You just need to spend time looking and don't buy the first thing you see. A Maglite and a AA light holder would be horrible!
    sigpic

Comment

Just get a maglite D cell. They have them at Wal-Mart for like $15 bucks, they might even have holders there. Or you could do what drummadude said and just buy a D cell light and D cell holder. Stay away from C cell btw.

Comment

Well i dont want a big thing flopping around my waist Chances are we really dont usually use them thats why i was looking for a small cheap led.

Comment

Fine, then go to any store or superstore and find a AA LED light for like ten bucks.

Or, you can always buy a ring holder and put it right above a back pocket. Then it can slide in the pocket and stay still.

I wouldn't recommend buying the most expensive gear that is used by police officers, especially a $60 flashlight.
          sigpic

Comment

Try looking around this website: http://www.uniformswarehouse.com/pro...hts/Categories

They have nice little dirt cheap LED/Xenon flashlights with holders that fit them that hold up decently. Perfect for explorers.

Comment

Thanks a ton!

Comment

Surefire G2 with the surefire poly holder. Just ALWAYS carry extra batteries.

Comment

If you buy a $9.99 flashlight, you are going to get a $9.99 flashlight. Just my opinion.

Comment

Can't go wrong with the Streamlight Stinger or SL-20 series. I have the SL20 (metal), Stinger (metal with normal switch), and Scorpion (tailcap switch). I had to replace the switch in the SL20, but otherwise all lights have been excellent. Since I first bought the Scorpion, I've never gone back to a cheap-o maglite.

Comment

What is your budget? Oh, and if you're on a budget don't buy from Galls. Don't get me wrong, I think Galls has a good selection on stuff, but they always have the higher price on everything.

My best advice to you is to find a flashlight that you like FIRST, then look for a holder.

Comment

www.wolfeyes.com.au

you can thank me later.
                        Oderint Dum Meutant

Tips for new cops - Click

Comment

SureFire

You can spend $10 one hundred times, or $100 just once.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                            SureFire

You can spend $10 one hundred times, or $100 just once.
                            Surefire or stinger.. And the above advice is right.. i have had my stinger for 4years and I'm sure there is officers that can double or triple that amount of time.. Look at it as an investment..

I went to the police supply store.. walked around with the flashlight I had and tried the holders until I found a snug one (They will stretch just a little).
                            Last edited by Future_CoLeo; 10-16-2008, 05:16 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Stinger DS LED with leather open bottom holster is how mine is set up. I also carry an ultrastinger for traffic stops.
                              No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
                              -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4678 users online. 305 members and 4373 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X