300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's In Your Bag?

What do you other explorers keep in your bags for ride alongs?

I keep the following:

Flashlight
    Batterys
    Extra Belt Keepers
    Gloves

stuff like that

I know you asked other explorers, but since you're in Az I'll show some love and post my list of crap I carry when working with the SO in districts.

-yellow rain jacket
    -black/orange jacket
    -traffic vest (w/ whistle)
    -Maglite
    -batteries for said maglite
    -ton of gloves
    -spit mask
    -extra taser battery, and cartridges
    -pens, markers, pencils
    -Work Gloves
    -Old Black raid style shirt
    -leatherman
    -duct tape
    -personal firstaid kit (w/ 2 packets of Quick-Clot)
    -cpr mask
    -couple pair of handcuffs.
    -extra handcuff key (outside)
    -hand sanitizer
    -sun screen
    -black trash bags
    -freezer ziplock bags (evidence collections, or to put personal effects)
    -Cell phone charger
    -snacks
    -$100 in small bills for emergencies.

It sounds like a ton of stuff, but it's saved a few of us a couple times and fits in a standard "duty bag" like all the local uniform shops sell.
    Last edited by Bass; 09-06-2008, 03:13 PM.
    LOCKDOWN!

Comment

Wow you're really prepared

Comment

Good list of stuff, i will have to add to mine, i have

Hand sant
        extra pair of cuffs
        field glasses
        bandaids
        pens/pencils/highlighters
        pinch pad (2)
        vehicle code
        note book
        gloves (latex)
        hand tools
        forms for investigations
        PA map
        book map of all the states

Comment

Actually I'm going to steal this idea for the duty gear forum.
          Last edited by cobes; 09-06-2008, 04:57 PM.
          Don't ever pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter
          Sorry, champ. Armoring your nads is weird, so deal with it.

Comment

I've never heard of an explorer keeping a bag with them on a ride along.

I don't, however, I keep a "go-bag" in my car with my flashlights, first aid kit, pens, explorer binder, clipboard. I also have a jacket in my trunk. I usually keep an insulated water bottle in there and maybe some snacks.

My post works a lot of security details, like at high school football and basketball games, and festivals. I don't ride as much as I work details.

All I keep on my person while riding is a notebook and pen, flashlight(s), wallet, and cell phone. We don't get radios on rides.
            sigpic

Comment

Well I'm not really an explorer. Us guys have been trained to act as a second deputies in the cars, so a lot of that stuff is used... a lot.
              LOCKDOWN!

Comment

Originally posted by Bass View Post
                Well I'm not really an explorer. Us guys have been trained to act as a second deputies in the cars, so a lot of that stuff is used... a lot.
                I get paid to do my job, and all I carry are a notebook, forms, a print kit, and a roll-a-wheel.

As an explorer, how often do you use your raid shirt, taser cartridges, and spit mask? Do you have a hobble?

Comment

Originally posted by cottonwood 41 View Post
                  I get paid to do my job, and all I carry are a notebook, forms, a print kit, and a roll-a-wheel.

As an explorer, how often do you use your raid shirt, taser cartridges, and spit mask? Do you have a hobble?
                  Again, I am not an explorer. I am a compensated employee of the county. So yeah, I do use raid shirts, I do carry my X-26 daily, and yeah, I do use spit masks a couple times a week. As for a hobble, I carry one set of leg chains (cuffs) and have a nylon strap to connect to them to slam in the door to keep the jerks from kicking. I posted in here to assist another potential Az officer a little, nothing more.
                  LOCKDOWN!

Comment

Are you a CSO or something?
                    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

I'm kind of curious too. If you're not an explorer, and you carry a Taser without a gun...... hmmmm. Animal Control maybe?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by jthorpe View Post
                        I'm kind of curious too. If you're not an explorer, and you carry a Taser without a gun...... hmmmm. Animal Control maybe?

Just curious.
                        Animal control, I liked that.

I'm a paid detention officer for the County. The county also has a volunteer force (not reserve, we have that too) that IS POST certified. Pretty much all the mundain tasks that the deputies have to do we can pick up to free them up. Such as parade duty, traffic, transport, DUI checkpoints, booking, sitting on a tow, search and rescue, medical teams, extraditions ect. Although we are also certified to carry weapons (I have not been certified through county yet, and should be after the first of the year) The volunteer force is trained in DT, handcuffing, baton, OC, taser, firearms (pistol, shotgun, carbine) as well as all kind of other classes that you would want to take. Its a great gig, but it's not paid so it's kind of a wash. So what I do is take the items that they will not train the volunteers to do but will allow the DOs to take, like HGN test, powder identification, and other more advanced bookings other that just getting the basic paperwork in order and then go out with the volunteers. Because I have received more advanced training, I get paid to be out there working along side the deputies. And because the volunteers have all the AZPOST training certs, they are allowed most of the same duties as duputies. I know that sounds clear as mud, but maybe it sheds some light on why a DO has a duty bag.
                        LOCKDOWN!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3561 users online. 187 members and 3374 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X