300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which flashlight?

I have a streamlight stinger that I keep on my belt at all times. Im looking for an extended use flashlight to keep in the car and only use during searches or extended use. Brightness and extended runtime are top priority. Thanks for any advise you can give !!

two lights

I carry two lights (both LED), Primary is Pelican 7060 (130 lumens, 1.5 hour runtime, rechargeable battery, car charger available), backup on the belt is a Surefire G2 LED (80 lumens, 12 hour run time, 123A Lithium battery)...

That's my two cents.

Comment

I carry the Stinger on my belt as back up. My primary light is a Ultra Stinger. I also have a Surefire G2 LED that I've been using some as well. I like keeping more than one light in the car just in case. I've actually had both Streamlights go out before because of lots of use early in a shift.

Comment

What about a Surefire (6p, G2, C2 etc.) with a 5 mode drop in? There are R2 drop ins available with 290 lumen for 4+ hours and the 18 hours on low mode.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
            For the love of God, do not get a Streamlight if you are concerned about battery life.

Sift through this for some info: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96226

Scarney's recommendations are good for the use you mention.
            I've never noticed a difference in the Streamlights I have and other rechargebles as far as battery life is concerned. I have noticed they don't develop memory as much as my old Mag Charger did.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

were issued the streamlight for the car and i hate it, i still think the mag light is the most dependable when it comes to this work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5812 users online. 362 members and 5450 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X