300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Socks - What socks do you use?

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone recommends any nice socks for duty use. Do you use the generic Walmart ones, 5.11 socks or another brand?

I have 2 pairs of 5.11 black socks that I've gotten with new boots.. and I love them. But the cost just doesn't seem worth it to buy more.

I'm mainly looking for some nice black socks for the summer heat.

Black Hanes socks from Wal-Mart.

Comment

Regular white socks from Walmart, with the odor eaters bulit in. Technically we are supposed to wear black socks, but with 8in boots its impossible to tell anyways.

The 5.11 socks though are great for when i wear more low cut boots. Also their cold weather socks go GREAT with my insulated boots in the winter. Though during the hots months the extra cushoning in their socks seems to make my feet sweat to much.

Comment

I buy my socks from JC Penney. They're either Stafford or Towncraft. I like them because they seem to hold up longer than any other brand of socks including Hanes and Fruit of the Loom. They're white, and I wear them with all my shoes unless of course I'm wearing slacks and dress shoes. That'd be geeky. I wear boots at work so my socks never show.

Comment

5.11. Hands-down.
          1*

Comment

I just use some generic black socks from the store. They work fine and since I always am "gellin", I don't need any comfort built into the sock.

But if I had some extra money, I'd go for a pair of 5.11's.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure of the brand (maybe Haynes), but I only wear the thick, white socks with the grey toes.....from Costco.....buy them in packs of 10K.....
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I bought some 511's on sale. They were nice, but I wore holes in the toes right away. Back to cheapos for me. (Gotta cut those toenails someday)

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                  I'm not sure of the brand (maybe Haynes), but I only wear the thick, white socks with the grey toes.....from Costco.....buy them in packs of 10K.....
                  Those always ride down into my boots.

Comment

For hot weather, I'm partial to lightweight polypro socks. Cost about 3 bucks a pair, but they last a long time and I wouldn't want to use anything else in the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                      1+

Same here.
                      Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

Hell last time I checked they are all cotton lol.

5.11's cost too much just to get 3 pairs, I can go to a store and get 6 pairs for the same price or lower.

Comment

Originally posted by 511R View Post
                          Those always ride down into my boots.
                          I've never had that problem with them.....been using them for 10 years at least.....
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Standard issue black athletic socks, by Wilson, from Walmart. Cheap and you get a whole bag at a time.
                            If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking
                            (General George S Patton, Jr.)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing (Edmund Burke).

A leader is someone who improves the lives of other people or improves the system they live under.
                            (Sam Houston)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5331 users online. 291 members and 5040 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X