300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Boots

I know there's multiple threads about what boots people prefer, but those questions deal with duty boots. What I want to know is, what boots would you recommend for the academy? My thoughts are that these boots need to:
    1. Hold a good shine without too much effort
    2. Work well for running or standing at attention for hours
    3. Not be too cost prohibitive

Originally posted by JH164 View Post
    I know there's multiple threads about what boots people prefer, but those questions deal with duty boots. What I want to know is, what boots would you recommend for the academy? My thoughts are that these boots need to:
    Not sure which academy you are looking to go through, but check to see if boots are even allowed......unless things have changed, you have to wear low quarters at ours.....no boots allowed
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Boots are required as part of our uniform.

Comment

I would go with the lightest ones that you can use then.....running in boots is extremely bad for your shins ect as it is......

The Rocky 911 series is pretty good....the sole is similar to an athletic shoe....

If you can afford it, I would suggest getting at least 2 pairs.....that way you can switch them out each day.....letting them dry ect.....also lets you keep one in 'reserve' that is already shined up ect......
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I had to wear camouflage BDUs bloused over boots when I was in the academy. I wore the same pair of Danners then that I'm wearing right now. It's amazing how well this pair has held up. I've had them for four years, and I'm thinking I bought them in June 2004 so I guess I've had them for over four years. I'm very anal about uniform appearance, and if they looked at all bad I wouldn't be wearing them so trust me when I say that Danner makes a very fine boot that will last.

For your viewing pleasure...

http://www.danner.com/category/unifo...ts/tactical.do

http://www.danner.com/category/uniform+boots/duty.do

The style in the second link tend to be quite a bit pricier than those in the first link. I have the all leather, size zip, waterproof Strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
            Not sure which academy you are looking to go through, but check to see if boots are even allowed......unless things have changed, you have to wear low quarters at ours.....no boots allowed
            I'm guessing you went to the LASD academy. About a month or so ago I got caught up in a marathon of "The Academy." What's with wearing suits to class?

Comment

A lot of the people in my class, including me, are wearing the 5.11 Atac zip side boots. They are comfortable and very light but I had trouble getting them to hold a shine. I recently bought a pair of Rocky paraboots with the special toe and heel for inspection and what not.

The problem with the 5.11's is that the polish wouldn't stick. I'd spit shine over the weekend and by Friday the polish was just flaking off. I ended up using this Kiwi liquid polish stick that you can just smear on as a base layer. A lot of people use just the liquid polish and it doesn't look bad, I just prefer the real thing. Since using that as a base layer I've had really good results with keeping them shined.
              "Remember. Do unto them before they do unto you."

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                I had to wear camouflage BDUs bloused over boots when I was in the academy. I wore the same pair of Danners then that I'm wearing right now. It's amazing how well this pair has held up. I've had them for four years, and I'm thinking I bought them in June 2004 so I guess I've had them for over four years. I'm very anal about uniform appearance, and if they looked at all bad I wouldn't be wearing them so trust me when I say that Danner makes a very fine boot that will last.

For your viewing pleasure...

http://www.danner.com/category/unifo...ts/tactical.do

http://www.danner.com/category/uniform+boots/duty.do

The style in the second link tend to be quite a bit pricier than those in the first link. I have the all leather, size zip, waterproof Strikers.

Danner makes OUTSTANDING boots.....I would not want to have to run in the big *** pair of Frankenstein boots that I have though......Acacias?...I think.....

I have resoled them 3 times so far....still going like a champ......

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                  I'm guessing you went to the LASD academy. About a month or so ago I got caught up in a marathon of "The Academy." What's with wearing suits to class?
                  You are in 'business attire' (suits to everyone else) until you earn the uniform......usually 2-3 weeks.....and the staff will throw you back into suits as punishment if the class screws up enough.........

Comment

I'm starting an academy in September, I bought a pair of Rocky 2150. They are an 8" boot. I find them more comfortable then my motorcycle boots I wear.
                    LEO hopeful

Comment

You are in 'business attire' (suits to everyone else) until you earn the uniform......usually 2-3 weeks.....and the staff will throw you back into suits as punishment if the class screws up enough.........

Yup....nothing like those first weeks:

"Class, upon my command we will be dismissed for the day. Reporting time tomorrow is 0515 hours, on the south end of the grinder, in platoon formation facing north. Uniform of the day will be professional business attire..."

Yeah, I was class SGT #2...

And to this day if I never hear that order and use of words again it will be too soon! LOL.
                      Send me.

Comment

Originally posted by JH164 View Post

I just picked up a new boot by Ridge Outdoors LLC. NTOA recommended and approved boot: Without breaking them in, I wore them to an all day range session two days ago with no issue.
                        http://www.ridgebootshop.com/Ridge_8...Zip_p/9000.htm
                        Send me.

Comment

Ahhhhhh. ok. I saw the graduation episode of a new series of them I hadn't seen before. I don't know why I'm telling you this though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5372 users online. 339 members and 5033 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X