Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ear peice and microphone do you use?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brandon911
    replied
    I'm not an officer. I'm a paramedic. Myself and several of the other paramedics at my service use the hawk mic. We have motorola xts5000 radios. We use them for the same reasons previously stated. Plus I hate taking my radio off my belt every 5 minutes.

brandon911

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I started with the 3.5mm coil from Kawamall on EBay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Coil-Cable-3-5mm...3A1%7C294%3A50

Works really well, not bad for 7 bucks. I've since upgrated to EHS equipment. http://www.ehsequipment.com/Listen%2...wireT2010.html

Leave a comment:

• Groove
    replied
    Originally posted by HEDP View Post
    What about permanent hearing loss with an ear piece?

I thought I heard something about earphones for things like Ipods causing permanent hearing loss.

I think that is more of a volume issue. No different than having a shoulder mic turned up way loud in one ear for several years will do the same thing. I guess it's just an occupational hazard. I actually think the ear piece might slow the hearing loss. I find that I can keep the volume lower because it's going straight to the ear and doesn't really have to compete with ambient noise

Leave a comment:

• Groove
    replied
    double post
    Last edited by Groove; 04-01-2009, 03:19 AM. Reason: oops

Leave a comment:

• Depco164
    replied
    I clean the earpiece in and of itself... However, I am having a hell of a time with moisture in the audio tube as of late. When I remove the earpiece and its audio tube (all kept in one piece) should I store it in any particular way to avoid the moisture which is causing me a great deal of frustration over the last week or so?

Leave a comment:

• dtimoney
    replied
    I have an OTTO shoulder Mic and a OTTO earpeice. I love both. I have used both for about 4 years and niether has any wear. You just have to give your earpiece a good cleaning every couple weeks.

Leave a comment:

• HEDP
    replied
    What about permanent hearing loss with an earpiece?

I thought I heard something about earphones for things like Ipods causing permanent hearing loss.

Leave a comment:

• Depco164
    replied
    Well I got this one:

http://www.policelink.com/products/p...s-one-wire-mic

I have been wearing it for a couple months now and really like it. It has all the features I was looking for but I have experienced a couple of problems.

First off, I had to cover the push button on the connector to the XTS1500 I carry. My leather winter jacket constantly was hitting the button and opening the channel. If I happened to be gettign in or out of the car when this happened all of scanner land got to hear me groaning. Pretty annoying.

I remedied this problem by using the cap from a bic pen and covering the button. I used black electricians tape to keep the cap on the button. No more issues w/ accidental activation.

The only other problem I have recently run into is that I am getting moisture in the audio tube. This is causing the sound to be muffled or completely muted. I have been pulling the tube off and sucking (not blowing) the moisture out. I am wondering if there is a way to avoid this problem,

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There is one guy in my PD that has that one. He likes it. No one else wears one though. Most everybody just uses the lapel mic.

I guess i wouldn't mind a product like this but i cant have a ear piece that goes in my ear. It throws my balance completely off and i will get dizzy and fall down. When i wear headphones that have to lay over my ear. They cant plug it.

Leave a comment:

• dbphotos
    replied
    I just purchased this Hawk from EarPhoneConnect and am going to give it a try. It's been years since I've tried an earpiece an didn't like it before, but I'll try the newer technology. I ordered it on Friday and received it today.

Leave a comment:

• steve h
    replied
    I forgot to add, I use the ear hugger as well and I have never had any problems with static.

Leave a comment:

• jyatesmp
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
    There are plenty of reasons to use a microphone on-duty, a lot of which include officer safety reasons.

Just to name a few:

1) Poorly trained, dispatchers who don't clear your 10-12(visitor present) when they let you know the subject your standing in front of has a warrant.

2) When often work in noisy environments where you can't hear a shoulder microphone (bar, concerts, heavily populated areas)

3) Being able to sneak up on subjects, or when working in an area you don't want to give yourself away in.

Etc. Etc.
    +1

Originally posted by BPD_126 View Post
    I use the "listen only" by Ear Hugger Safety. Cost was about $40-50, lasted me a year and half so far, and they'll replace parts for free usually. They'll also send you a few earpieces and plastic elbows. The plastic elbows get clogged with earwax so it's good they send about 10 of em w/ the set. It plugs into your portable mic and I love it! Great for loud places like bars and HWY and you don't have to worry about squelching on the radio. You can keep it at the same volume all day. Here's the site below, just call to order.

http://www.ehsequipment.com/Listen%2...Tcategory.html
    This is what I use. Search on Ebay. $15 or so + shipping. Also get the ear mold, this will let you hear your radio as well as things around you (get the pack with all 3 sizes so you can see what fits best).

Leave a comment:

• Groove
    replied
    Originally posted by Drummadude12 View Post
    Hey Grove, how is the quality of the mic? Maybe my post just had bad stealth mics because they would always overmodulate easily and have lots of static.

As a cop, I think I would prefer the under-the-shirt stealth microphones. That dangling cord in the front or back looks like yet another thing some idiot can use to grab you (in traditional shoulder mics).
    The quality is great. No static or anything. I have never had any problems with mine. the only down side to tucking it in to your shirt is you will wear out the wire where it connects to the radio by bending it at an unnatural angle.

Leave a comment:

• phillyrube
    replied
    I'm using an earmic bought from Kawamall on eBay. Works pretty good in low noise places, high background noise and I sometimes sound like I'm talking through a tin can. Only hing I don't like about it is no earclip....

Leave a comment:

• steve h
    replied
    I work in a direct supervision jail and I wear my ear piece sometimes. Being that it is direct supervision i am in the pod with 60-70 inmates on somedays when not assigned bookin. I like the feeling that they have no idea what is being said on my radio, and I am able to hear everything that is said.

-Steven

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2952 users online. 236 members and 2716 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X