Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ear peice and microphone do you use?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased this Hawk from EarPhoneConnect and am going to give it a try. It's been years since I've tried an earpiece an didn't like it before, but I'll try the newer technology. I ordered it on Friday and received it today.
    David Bailey Photography | Bailey Tactical

sigpic

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor satan shudders and says oh hell he's awake!"

Comment

There is one guy in my PD that has that one. He likes it. No one else wears one though. Most everybody just uses the lapel mic.

I guess i wouldn't mind a product like this but i cant have a ear piece that goes in my ear. It throws my balance completely off and i will get dizzy and fall down. When i wear headphones that have to lay over my ear. They cant plug it.

Comment

Well I got this one:

http://www.policelink.com/products/p...s-one-wire-mic

I have been wearing it for a couple months now and really like it. It has all the features I was looking for but I have experienced a couple of problems.

First off, I had to cover the push button on the connector to the XTS1500 I carry. My leather winter jacket constantly was hitting the button and opening the channel. If I happened to be gettign in or out of the car when this happened all of scanner land got to hear me groaning. Pretty annoying.

I remedied this problem by using the cap from a bic pen and covering the button. I used black electricians tape to keep the cap on the button. No more issues w/ accidental activation.

The only other problem I have recently run into is that I am getting moisture in the audio tube. This is causing the sound to be muffled or completely muted. I have been pulling the tube off and sucking (not blowing) the moisture out. I am wondering if there is a way to avoid this problem,
        Good traffic rule of thumb - Broke down people, drive broke down cars.

Comment

What about permanent hearing loss with an earpiece?

I thought I heard something about earphones for things like Ipods causing permanent hearing loss.

Comment

I have an OTTO shoulder Mic and a OTTO earpeice. I love both. I have used both for about 4 years and niether has any wear. You just have to give your earpiece a good cleaning every couple weeks.

Comment

I clean the earpiece in and of itself... However, I am having a hell of a time with moisture in the audio tube as of late. When I remove the earpiece and its audio tube (all kept in one piece) should I store it in any particular way to avoid the moisture which is causing me a great deal of frustration over the last week or so?
              Good traffic rule of thumb - Broke down people, drive broke down cars.

Comment

double post
                Last edited by Groove; 04-01-2009, 03:19 AM. Reason: oops
                War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                  What about permanent hearing loss with an ear piece?

I thought I heard something about earphones for things like Ipods causing permanent hearing loss.

I think that is more of a volume issue. No different than having a shoulder mic turned up way loud in one ear for several years will do the same thing. I guess it's just an occupational hazard. I actually think the ear piece might slow the hearing loss. I find that I can keep the volume lower because it's going straight to the ear and doesn't really have to compete with ambient noise
                  War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

I started with the 3.5mm coil from Kawamall on EBay.
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/Coil-Cable-3-5mm...3A1%7C294%3A50

Works really well, not bad for 7 bucks. I've since upgrated to EHS equipment. http://www.ehsequipment.com/Listen%2...wireT2010.html

Comment

I'm not an officer. I'm a paramedic. Myself and several of the other paramedics at my service use the hawk mic. We have motorola xts5000 radios. We use them for the same reasons previously stated. Plus I hate taking my radio off my belt every 5 minutes.

brandon911

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3750 users online. 265 members and 3485 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X