Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ear peice and microphone do you use?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ear peice and microphone do you use?

Most officers I work with use the Hawk EP1323QR. We use Motorola XTS2500 radios.

They cost about $100 and I am looking for something a little cheaper. Or maybe you know where to get a better deal on this item?

Tell me what you use!

No!!!!! Can't wear the earpeice. Drives me crazy when our guys wear that thing.
    Romans 13:4
    For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-town AOW View Post
        No!!!!! Can't wear the earpeice. Drives me crazy when our guys wear that thing.
        Why does it bother you? Is it against policy?
        "If it's predictable, it's preventable"

Comment

One word of caution. Like most equipement, you get what you pay for. I haven't used the above mentioned equipment so I can't say if its good or bad. I can, however, recomment Pacific Coast Labs (www.shoppcl.com). I've had a smiple 2-wire earpiece from them since 2001, and I still use the same custom earpiece that I had fitted from them when I got in California. I have only had to replace the wire that attaches to the radio once, which I think is pretty good.

Pacific Coast Labs is actually based out of the Bay Area in California, but you can contact them and find someone local to you that can come out and make a custom mold for your ear. They will put quick drying foam/plastic stuff in your ear that will be used to make a plastic, vinyl, or latex (depending on your preference) earpiece that fits your ear perfectly. I would recommend the SoundWaves Ultralight. After about a week your ear gets used to the earpiece and you hardly feel it.

The wire costs about $80, the earpiece will run you anywhere from $75 - 100. I also had a set of custom shooting plugs for both ears made. Those cost about $50. Hope this helps.

Be safe,
          jc
          Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I have a basic Motorola lapel mic. Every once in a while it will p--s me off hanging there so I take it off, but then I get p--sed having to pick the radio up off my belt to talk so I'm never without it for more than a couple days.

Comment

I love the Hawk. I've told our command staff to purchase some for all the guys on our team. If mine ever breaks, I have no doubt that I would spend the money again on it. Great product.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate_07 View Post
                Most officers I work with use the Hawk EP1323QR. We use Motorola XTS2500 radios.

They cost about $100 and I am looking for something a little cheaper. Or maybe you know where to get a better deal on this item?

Tell me what you use!
                No problems with my hawk, well worth the price. Make sure you get the quick disconnect so you can pop that baby loose in a hurry.

Comment

I love my hawk as well. Wore my first one out so i'm waiting on the replacement. Thank god for uniform allowance.
                  War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

I usethe Surefire. It's a great earpiece and great customer service.

Comment

I use a Motorola OEM earpiece with an OEM speaker/mic. Don't remember how much it was, as my agency bought them for me a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by david30816 View Post
                        Why does it bother you? Is it against policy?
                        I just cant stand the way it looks. I feel like we spend way too much money on crap that really doesn't help you do the job. I feel like this is just another example of stamping tactical on something and watch us drool over it. I think we try and get to hi-tech for our own good at times.
                        Romans 13:4
                        For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Comment

Half dozen guys on my shift have the Hawk. No problems yet with any. Have had mine the longest at about 8 months, so no "long term" test yet.

Comment

Originally posted by A-town AOW View Post
                            I just cant stand the way it looks. I feel like we spend way too much money on crap that really doesn't help you do the job. I feel like this is just another example of stamping tactical on something and watch us drool over it. I think we try and get to hi-tech for our own good at times.
                            I agree with the whole stamping tactical on things/spending money on crap, but I think the ear piece is worth the money. For one thing you wont get strangled by your lapel mic's cord. Also it's easier to hear the radio in a noisy environments such as people yelling or running code. Also helps when you want to be quiet.

Comment

Also just so all you Hawk owners know if you ever have a issue with your equipment call them and they will more than likely send you out a brand new piece! That have great customer service! If you have the older model the PPT piece that you can press is now flush with the plastic reducing accidental ques of your Mic.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4203 users online. 288 members and 3915 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X