300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bates Boots

Hey Guys whats up?? I would like to hear from people who have Bates Boots. I cant decide which ones to get( GX-8 , CT-8 , Enforcers, Lites, Durashocks....). I had the "lites" when I was in the Corps . They always served me right while I was in the Infantry.

I am a Sheriff's Deputy now ..I spend a lot of my time in the Court House and transporting prisoners...etc.. Hope to hear which Bates boots are the "Favs"

Thanx alot guys!!

Bates for me (Magnums? I think) $60-$80 with side zippers.

They seem to last exactly 2 years and then every seam on them comes apart the same day.

For the price and comfort (which is good) they're all I'll ever use (unless somebody can find me something for under $50 that's just as good).
    "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

the dura shocks are good I preffer the magnums got a pair on now have had them for over 4 years they need to be replaced the sole is not wore that bad but the leather is and one of the zipper tabs broke off
      Lawdog TCSO
      In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
      well daisy if you do

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog30 View Post
        and one of the zipper tabs broke off

Goop glue works great to put them back on. The thread they use to attach them seems to suck (unless maybe oil or gas or something got on them and ate them up)
        "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

I love bates, I have the magnums and durashock but 90% of the time it is the magnums. Comfort is a biggie and they have lasted for a year and a half so far.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Ummmmm.does Bates make Magnums?? I thought Magnum was its own company ? I cant find " Bates Magnums" anywhere???

Comment

Never heard of Bates magnums. I think they are thinking of a different manufactuer (Hi-Tech). I have A set of bates durashock insulated for winter and like them alot. I wear a pair of The bates lites waterproof probably 9 months out of the year. I love them. They last about 2 years and infact I ordered another pair this morning in anticipation of mine giving up the ghost soon. They are comfortable and if you look around you can get them for less than 60 bucks.

i used to wear the Hitech magnums but they wear out to soon for my taste. i always had to keep a spare set around when i had them.
              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I've never gone w/ Bates either. I just bought a new pair of the Rocky Portland series. Talk about comfy! And they lace all the way up, no need to worry about a zipper or clasp loop pulling.

Comment

OK guys I think I'm going with these... http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpa...=m&pcid=122131

anybody got em???

Comment

I have Bates enforcers...love em. Had Rocky's for years...all leather..Bates are lighter and more comfortable.

I also put Spenco inserts inside.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Bates ultra-lites with composite safety toe worked great for me. Very comfortable. When I got them, they came in EITHER waterproof OR safety toe, not both...
                      The velcro that covers the zipper tab did get worn out but by that time I'd had the boots for a couple of years. Also the material on the boot over the safety toe seemed to get torn up easily... if you take better care of your boots than me it probably won't be a problem, but I never had this issue with 5.11.

Overall, its a good boot.
                      Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Never used Bates. I'm a Danner man myself.
                        "Do or Do Not.............There is no try."
                        -Jedi Master Yoda

Comment

I wish Bates still made the M9's. Those were my all-time favorite boots but they stopped making them so I only got 1 pair

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3293 users online. 164 members and 3129 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X