300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open top cuff cases.

Any one using them? If so what brands and a web link as well, if you please.

Also, why open top cases versus regular ones? What advantages do you see in one or the other?

I am re-exploring the option of using them so any and all input is wecome.

Matter of preference....I used to carry my second pair of cuffs in them...on the front of my duty belt. Safariland
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I prefer cuff straps...
      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

I use safariland open top cuff cases for my Hiatt hinged cuffs. I prefer then to the closed top just because i can access them fast in a stress full situation. I wear my cuffs on my back and i have never had a problem reaching them in a fight.

I used to use cuff straps but stopped when they got hung up on a fence while jumping it.

Comment

I too keep a set of open top (Asp Brand) case in the front of my belt with my hinged cuffs. I keep a set of chained on my back. I like the open top for the speed as well.

Comment

I actually made a post about this in the last couple days under "Copsplus.com" it was more about how good the service was but I was talking about open topped handcuff cases the link is below for the ones I'm getting two of each, four in all, two for my nylon set up and two for my leather set up: (they both have molded internal retention so no straps needs which makes for easy access)

Nylon:
            http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2973.php

Leather:
            http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1498.php

Comment

I wear two of the Safariland open top, very durable and a good look.

Little horror story about them: First day in court straight off of FTO, I was sitting there waiting to hear my docket. I finally hear my name..I go to stand up and a pair of cuffs gets hooked on the bench. Then I see the cuff go flying in the air and land on the bench. So ya, watch out for those benches!

Comment

Fobus open top with S&W hinged cuffs.
                "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go" - Battalion Chief John Sullivan, FDNY

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" - Rev1

"If you reload like old people [email protected], then you need to be behind something that stops bullets." - Blackdog F4i

IGNORE = since9, justme001, opencarry, bsd13, asullivan, okjoe, Patrick Sander, CJ616

Comment

I wear a Bianchi open top cuff case for my Peerless chain cuffs.

Love it, and I've never had a problem with the cuffs falling out or anything like that.
                  Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

1 Closed top single case (because it was issued and free)

and 1 strap with 1 2 sets of cuffs depending on the weather.

I don't have a big giant gut like some people so that means my belt has a lot less realestate on it. The only way for me to fit more cuffs was the strap.

One of these days I may just go with 2 straps and 4 cuffs. The more the merrier and they get lots of use.
                    "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6209 users online. 348 members and 5861 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X