Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAnde
    replied
    I just received my LED upgrade from malkoff while I was at work so here I am at 0352 hours getting home, installing my drop in and running around the neighborhood like a creeper lighting everything up. I'm only going to post my first impressions b/c I haven't had the chance to use it on patrol yet.

WOW...I consider myself a flash-aholic if you will and a plain Jane stinger, incandescent, with the stock ni-cad battery for use in law enforcement is like bringing a kia rio to the Formula 1 guys and asking them to do laps at Monaco in that for competition. This take a boring, stock, near useless light unless you are in a pitch black room and makes it into something useful.

The tint is on the cool side and maybe even a bit green/blue ish(could be my half charged ni-cad battery) but it gives out a much more pleasant and useful beam of light, throws further with better spill a happy medium without need to adjust. When I get my Ni-Mh battery and a chance to use it on patrol I'll go more in depth but for those of you with old stingers, metal body and incandescent bulb, this is a worthy $35 upgrade with a better reputation than Terra-lux.

Leave a comment:

• CAnde
    replied
    Sorry to drag up such an old thread but those of you with older incandescent stingers take note, Malkoff now makes an led upgrade for $35. I am a big fan of Gene's products, I've been back and forth between my old m60 and dereelight drop ins for my surefire 6p on patrol and I look forward to using the stinger with the malkoff as a back up. I will give a review once its in.

Leave a comment:

• options open
    replied
    Old thread, I don't even know if these guys are still around the forum.

I wasn't expecting to spend so much time in looking for a light, but here I am.

I'm stuck between a few. It has to be a belt light, rechargeable or not doesn't really make a difference to me.

I'm eying: EagleTac P20C2 MKII XP-G R5 380 Lumen LED Flashlight.---- anybody have it? I was just about to buy either the fenix tk11 or lenser t7 when I saw it. Eagle claims to have 300 lumens which is much more than the other two. Thoughts?
    Last edited by options open; 11-21-2010, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SeCuRi[T]
    replied
    Fenix has released the new R5 versions of the TK11 and TK12.

The beamshots on the TK11 page seems to be the old R2 beamshots though.

The TK12 page says that it now takes 18650 batteries, unless it's still with the optional battery tube.

TK11 R5 : http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=67

TK12 R5 : http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=68

I'm having a hard time deciding between the TK11 R5, TK12 R5, Eagletac T20C2 R5 or the Jetbeam Jet-III M R2 (maybe they'll come up with a new version soon)!

Leave a comment:

• aquill1
    replied
    Good point, that is probably the only difference. Some prefer the larger but I like mine for clearing houses. I can't comfortably put it under my armpit for traffic stops is probably the only downfall.

I'm going to look at the larger strion when it comes out.

Leave a comment:

• NP610
    replied
    Originally posted by aquill1 View Post
    Hmmm...sounds interesting, I'll have to check that out. I love my small strion. I shined the stinger vs. my strion and even from a distance and up 3 stories they weren't that different IMO.
    I agree. I have a Strion LED and a buddy of mine has the Stinger LED. Theres basically no difference between the two in terms of brightness and effective range. Size is the main personal preference issue I'd say.

Leave a comment:

• aquill1
    replied
    Hmmm...sounds interesting, I'll have to check that out. I love my small strion. I shined the stinger vs. my strion and even from a distance and up 3 stories they weren't that different IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Flashaholic
    replied
    I was actually refering to the HP version of the Strion. It has the same 2.2" bezel as the stinger led hp but it's a strion.

streamlight says it'll hit the market mid April.

Leave a comment:

• Dingo990
    replied
    Strion is a good light. Streamlight makes a good product. Personally I like my *primary* light to be a bit bigger. So I would recommend the Stinger first. But you can't go wrong with the Strion.

Leave a comment:

• K9deputyk16
    replied
    Love the strion it is my primary and secondary. Only need to charge it once a week.

Leave a comment:

• Flashaholic
    replied
    Streamlight Strion LED HP

Anyone have thoughts on this model?

Leave a comment:

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
    Judging by the pictures, this is a bit on the big side for patrol use (it uses a shoulder strap!), and too expensive for my tastes, but WOW.
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...31#post2436131
    Mount the sumb*tch to the patrol car.

Leave a comment:

• toasterlocker
    replied
    Judging by the pictures, this is a bit on the big side for patrol use (it uses a shoulder strap!), and too expensive for my tastes, but WOW.
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...31#post2436131

Leave a comment:

• aquill1
    replied
    Originally posted by chinoxxx123 View Post
    around 100
    My strion was 119.99 at a local gun show with both ac/dc chargers and one base unit. Try finding one used perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• cotya2day
    replied
    ?

I recently purchased a fenix tk11r. can anyone recommend a molded holster for a 2 1/4" duty belt?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5785 users online. 304 members and 5481 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X