300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djblank87 View Post

Surefire is also behind the times as far as what LED's they use in there products.
    This is true, unfortunately. Good thing I'm a bigger fan of xenon incandescents.

Comment

• Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
      I could get into a long winded speech about how you should buy light X and send it to Milkyspit and have him create you a 500 lumen monster that is the size of a Surefire U2 but that would get complex and not be worth you're time.

Look at the EagleTac as Toasterlocker stated above me, the EagleTac is brighter than the TK11, but the beam of the TK11 might throw further based on the SMO (Smooth) reflector. The EagleTac uses a MOP (Medium Orange Peel) reflector so the beam might throw as far but the balance of spill and throw will be better than the TK11.

I have only owned a TK11 I do not own an EgaleTac but am basing my answer strictly off of there specifications sheet.

I have the Eagletac T10C2 and it's highly recommended! Not a thrower, like the TK11, but great spill and works good in a patrol environment.
      "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"
      “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.”
      “If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.”
      “A horse is a horse,it ain´t make a difference what color it is.”
      -John Wayne

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtbambam View Post
        I have the Eagletac T10C2 and it's highly recommended! Not a thrower, like the TK11, but great spill and works good in a patrol environment.
        I saw you're thread on CPF.... I figured you had it by now.

Also, here is a link to CPF that a member over there took with a bunch of pictures. It has a Fenix TK10, TK11, EagleTac T10C2, Surefire E2DL, Deerlight CL1H R2 and Olight M20 Warrior R2:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=214238

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• Added some pictures, some new links, streamlined some of the text (looking back, it seemed a little too wordy.)

Comment

• Just for clarification, the 2008 Inova T4 doesn't have the stainless steel bezel as shown on the first page.

2008 Model

Older model

Comment

• Also, the Inova T4 has a warm tint. Which means the light the LED produces will look like more of an ican.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• Originally posted by Till View Post
                Just for clarification, the 2008 Inova T4 doesn't have the stainless steel bezel as shown on the first page.
                Fixed it, thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

• I liked the look of the SS bezel. Wish they would've kept it for the 2008 model, but I think it came under criticism from LE and gov't agencies.

Does anyone know of an independent lumens test of the 2008 T4?

I want to know the real, out-the-front lumens. Inova measures theirs at the LED, and even then I think they exaggerate a little bit.
                  Last edited by Till; 12-12-2008, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• I recall reading elsewhere that the Pelican 7060, which is supposed to come in at 135, is nearly the same as the 2008 T4, which claims 175.

I wish I could find the source for you. I read it in a thread on Candlepowerforums not too long ago.

Comment

• I would say the 175 lumen rating on the 08 T4 is pretty accurate. The malkoff M60 was putting out 220 lumens when tested in a CPF members sphere and the T4 is pretty darn close when you compare them outdoors side by side.

Remeber the Malkoff has a cooler tint and the T4 is warmer so there are beam characteristics that look different but overall output is darn close. I have both at work, the Malkoff M60 on my duty belt and I carry the 08 T4 in my sap pocket when I go outside.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• Toasterlocker this may or may not be the link you wanted because he didn't actually test a 2008 Invoa T4 but he did test numerous lights and it gives some realalistic lumen numbers.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=211402

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• Good tutorial, Toast. Dunno why I didn't check here before.

I had seen ads for TigerLight, but hadn't paid much attention before today. After going to their Web site, I started checking CPF and here to see what opinion anyone who owns one might have.
                          The 600-lumen LED upgrade sounds pretty good, but putting on the MIB glasses before deploying the light might "telegraph" your intentions to an opponent.

And all this after I just added two Typhoons to my collection.

I am not a flashaholic, regardless of what my family says.
                          --
                          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

• Hey Toast,

Can you give an update on the Surefire Optimus and Invicitus? I checked out some info on a flashlight forum but I'm not as high tech as you guys in relation to this stuff. They seem like pretty interesting lights and I'm looking for a breakdown between the two. My new Dept gave me the poly stinger w/out the tail cap switch and I hate the thing... I wouldnt mind having a strobe option either. This light will be my primary/only light as I work for a large dept. that does not outfit the cruisers with your typical larger recharable Streamlight flashlights.

Thanks,
                            Krinkbusta
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by krinkbusta View Post
                              Can you give an update on the Surefire Optimus and Invicitus?
                              I'm not speaking for TL here but I can tell you that the Optimus and Invicitus are excellent concept lights but as you can see by SureFire not releasing them this year, even though they were supposed to, their having issues.

I would not count on seeing them out until sometime in March or April of 2009 after or near the time SureFire is telling us about lights that are supposed to come out in 2009 at the SHOT show.

Again, the concept and design of the Optimus and Invicitus are awesome, the lumen output, mode selector ring, battery power guage, etc...etc..but anytime I here SureFire is releasing something this year, I add one year on to that.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• Just ordered my maglite flashlight and Terralux 300MR bulb. I'll let you guys know how it performs next to my cousins 08 Inova T4 (best light I can find to compare to right now). I like to add that I ordered the bulb from lighthound.com and was very impressed by their speedy service. I ordered it this morning @ 5am and had an email by 12 noon, same day, that it had been shipped out with a UPS tracking number. Just thought I'd let you guys know for any one thinking of ordering any thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6055 users online. 308 members and 5747 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X