300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I only work AT FRIKEN NIGHT "

You crack me up! I'm having the same problem with my magcharger. The switch is starting to go bad (only have had it 1 year or so) and it doesn't turn on at the worst moments it seems. Maglite said the same thing, send it back and we'll fix it. But you pay for mailing and you go without in the meantime.
    Last edited by sgtbambam; 11-24-2008, 02:12 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.”
    “If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.”
    “A horse is a horse,it ain´t make a difference what color it is.”
    -John Wayne

Comment

• Originally posted by sinned View Post
      My .02 on Pelican…Very dissatisfied with their customer service. I purchased a 7060 2 months ago. It has had a problem with the switch not turning the light on at the most inopportune time and last week it died completely.

I called Pelican about their “lifetime” warranty (especially since it was only 2 months old) and was told send it back, at MY EXPENSE, so they could evaluate the light. If they couldn’t fix it they would replace it and send it back, ALSO AT MY EXPENSE. Been gone over a week with no word of any kind. It’s not a real big deal, I only work AT FRIKEN NIGHT WITH MY $150.00 FLASHLIGHT M.I.A.. Thanks a bunch Pelican, for building a crappy product, sticking me with a $25.00 tab just to get it fixed under a “Lifetime Warranty,” and leaving me with no light for an undetermined amount of time.
      Wow, I am shocked, in that I have NEVER heard of Pelican being that stubborn before. Pelican Canada must just be kinder and more gentle than their USA mother company!
      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
      "Smile" - no!

Comment

• Originally posted by sinned View Post
        My .02 on Pelican…Very dissatisfied with their customer service. I purchased a 7060 2 months ago. It has had a problem with the switch not turning the light on at the most inopportune time and last week it died completely.

I called Pelican about their “lifetime” warranty (especially since it was only 2 months old) and was told send it back, at MY EXPENSE, so they could evaluate the light. If they couldn’t fix it they would replace it and send it back, ALSO AT MY EXPENSE. Been gone over a week with no word of any kind. It’s not a real big deal, I only work AT FRIKEN NIGHT WITH MY $150.00 FLASHLIGHT M.I.A.. Thanks a bunch Pelican, for building a crappy product, sticking me with a $25.00 tab just to get it fixed under a “Lifetime Warranty,” and leaving me with no light for an undetermined amount of time.
        That sucks. Hopefully I never get to experience that.
        Be professional
        Be polite
        Be ready to kill everyone you meet

Comment

• Bump for some updates. New weaponlight recommendation, EagleTac added, some other minor edits.

Comment

• Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
            Bump for some updates. New weaponlight recommendation, EagleTac added, some other minor edits.

I completely agree with your assessment of the Eagletac T10C2! I got batteries for mine today and just now took it outside. Great beam with plenty of spill. Really lites up the interior of a vehicle even with tinted windows. Can't wait to use it at work!
            "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"
            “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.”
            “If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.”
            “A horse is a horse,it ain´t make a difference what color it is.”
            -John Wayne

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtbambam View Post
              The switch is starting to go bad (only have had it 1 year or so) and it doesn't turn on at the worst moments it seems. Maglite said the same thing, send it back and we'll fix it.
              Seems Streamlight and Maglite are not on the cutting edge of LED tech, but there is something to be said about them having local warranty stations. Here in SD there is 2 that I know of, Emergency Equipment Engineering in Mission Valley, and Nalpack Group in El Cajon.
              They are warranty stations for both and can usually fix them while you wait. Nalpak also sells Inova, Pelican, etc, so I would contact them about warranty work. I don't recall seeing parts there for them, but they can expedite repairs.

MagChargers and SL's might not be the latest/greatest, but getting any problems fixed same-day is nice. Some of these brands and eBay specials, who knows if they will be around 6 months from now for parts or service...

Consult your physician to see if the 'Pism is right for you. Symptoms may include euphoria, smugness, moistness, and increased sarcasm levels. Discontinue use if you experience nausea, vomiting, or a condition lasting longer than 4 hours. Your mileage may vary, first time buyers are welcome, and wait at least 30 minutes before swimming. See our ad in this month's Cosmo, net weight before cooking.

Comment

• That WOULD be a relevant point if a lot of these new lights suffered from the same problems as incandescent, nicad powered lights. But they don't.

Just because these brands haven't gained widespread popularity with law enforcement doesn't mean that they aren't doing well. Spend any time on a forum dedicated to lights and you will seldom see Streamlight or Mag mentioned at all, unless it is to make fun of them.

Comment

• I am in the market for a small (Six inches or less) for my belt...I want the most powerful light possible...I am a novice to the flashlight scene, prior to this thread I thought streamlight was the only thing for cops to cary...I now realize their actually behind the curve.......I am looking to replace my streamlight stinger with a LED light...

Question: Is there a more powerfull light than the Fenix TK11 in it's size?? I am very close to buying that one I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a better light around that size.....(Money is not a concern)

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
                    Spend any time on a forum dedicated to lights and you will seldom see Streamlight or Mag mentioned at all, unless it is to make fun of them.
                    Negative.

Within the last year or so, Streamlight has come out with some very impressive LED flashlights (i.e., the Super-Tac) and upgraded their previous Luxeon LEDs (which did suck) with C4 LEDS.

Mags do get a bad wrap (and understandably so)... but you'll hear good things about them on other boards once members starting installing upgrades and such. Which, honestly, is the only way to make a MagLite "un-suck".

Comment

• Negative right back at you. Supertac sucks. Bulkier than the Dereelight DBS, not as durable, doesn't throw as far. Still doesn't help that all of their rechargeables (except the Strion) use Nicads.

Streamlight has stepped it up a little, but they are still behind in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by VChopefull View Post
                        Question: Is there a more powerfull light than the Fenix TK11 in it's size?? I am very close to buying that one I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a better light around that size.....(Money is not a concern)

Thanks
                        I would check out the EagleTac I link to on the first page. It is pretty much considered the "best in class" of 2 cell 123A lights right now.

Comment

• It's all about personal preference and opinion, really. Find 50 people that say _____ flashlight sucks, and there'll be another 50 that will say they love it with any company. If I personally owned a Dereelight or Eagletac, I could find something big enough that might cause me to say, "Well, that sucks."
                          Last edited by Till; 12-02-2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• These posts need to be stickied.

"So you want to buy a..."

(Carbine, 1911, flashlight, etc.)
                            TheDesire
                            Desire. Dedication. Dicipline.

Comment

• Maglight and Streamlight are so far behind the times it is ridiculous.

EagleTac, NovaTac, Deerelight, Fenix, Wolf-Eyes, Jet-Beam, Olight, LumaPower are just a few companies that consistantly produce up to date products, with the newsest LED's and the latest features.

Surefire is also behind the times as far as what LED's they use in there products.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• Originally posted by VChopefull View Post
                                I could get into a long winded speech about how you should buy light X and send it to Milkyspit and have him create you a 500 lumen monster that is the size of a Surefire U2 but that would get complex and not be worth you're time.

Look at the EagleTac as Toasterlocker stated above me, the EagleTac is brighter than the TK11, but the beam of the TK11 might throw further based on the SMO (Smooth) reflector. The EagleTac uses a MOP (Medium Orange Peel) reflector so the beam might throw as far but the balance of spill and throw will be better than the TK11.

I have only owned a TK11 I do not own an EgaleTac but am basing my answer strictly off of there specifications sheet.
                                Last edited by djblank87; 12-02-2008, 05:20 PM.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6053 users online. 309 members and 5744 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X