Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff here.
    I've narrowed my choices between the Lenser L7 & Inova T4

-Lenser L7 Led flashlight has around 164 lumens. AAA batteries w/130 hours use
    -Inova T4 has around 175 Lumens. lithium battery with 2 hours use.I'm guessing the lithium battery will take about 20 hours to fully charge.

I feel like I'm missing something here. With almost the same Lumens, the L7 has 130 hours of use vs 2 hours with the T4. I realize that the L7 is not rechargeable. Other than that, I get significantly more battery life with the L7. Am I missing something here?

Comment

Get both if this is for on-duty. Keep the Inova T4 on your belt & use the L7 as a backup if you end up using your T4 alot one night.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcop36 View Post
        the lithium battery will take about 20 hours to fully charge.
        No, it takes nowhere near that long. About 3 hours is the norm for a fully drained battery.

Comment

Originally posted by ERMDPD View Post
          Get both if this is for on-duty. Keep the Inova T4 on your belt & use the L7 as a backup if you end up using your T4 alot one night.

The L7 will fit on my belt easily
          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
            The L7 will fit on my belt easily
            Yeah I know. Just thought you would like a rechargeable light on your belt. 130hrs on 4 AAA batteries (or AA, whichever it takes) is pretty good.

Comment

Anybody heard of the 5.11 Light for life? It's supposed to be coming out in early 2009. Claims to do 270lumens. Charges in 90 seconds! Last 90mins on standard mode (90lumens). Not sure how long it last when on peak (270lumens), also comes with strobe mode. Includes 12v charger so you can charge it in your car in only 90seconds. Priced around $180.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                  No, it takes nowhere near that long. About 3 hours is the norm for a fully drained battery.
                  My stinger, which takes nickel cadium, takes 10 hours to charge. There's an after market NIMH battery out which takes double the time to charge. Stinger only lasts 1 hour. If it is indeed only a 3 hour charge, I might consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcop36 View Post
                    My stinger, which takes nickel cadium, takes 10 hours to charge. There's an after market NIMH battery out which takes double the time to charge. Stinger only lasts 1 hour. If it is indeed only a 3 hour charge, I might consider it.
                    Yes, the NiCad battery in a Stinger will take 10 hours to charge if you're using the standard trickle charger.

But it only takes the lithium ion battery of the T4 about 3 to fully charge.

Comment

I just ordered a Pelican 8060 today, after my 8 year old Maglite died on me. I like the full size flashlight for primary use and have a Stinger for emergency backup already.

I hope to have it for my upcoming weekend shift and will let you all know what I think after I've used it a bit.

I gotta say thanks to the thread starter. This thread turned me on to the 8060 at the same time my old Mag was giving me fits.
                      Be professional
                      Be polite
                      Be ready to kill everyone you meet

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Nasty View Post
                        I just ordered a Pelican 8060 today, after my 8 year old Maglite died on me. I like the full size flashlight for primary use and have a Stinger for emergency backup already.

I hope to have it for my upcoming weekend shift and will let you all know what I think after I've used it a bit.

I gotta say thanks to the thread starter. This thread turned me on to the 8060 at the same time my old Mag was giving me fits.

Yes, be sure to let us know what you think! I've been looking at that light also. You keeping the stinger as your backup or are you considering a change?
                        "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"
                        “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.”
                        “If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.”
                        “A horse is a horse,it ain´t make a difference what color it is.”
                        -John Wayne

Comment

Tried my Lenser T7 out at work last night...This thing is ridiculous
                          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbambam View Post
                            Yes, be sure to let us know what you think! I've been looking at that light also. You keeping the stinger as your backup or are you considering a change?
                            I'll be keeping the Stinger, but only because I'm cheap and don't wanna spend the cash for ANOTHER new light. Maybe in a year or so.

I always have my full size light with me and rarely use the Stinger anyway. Usually only when the Maglite goes dead. Shouldn't be a problem with the longer lasting charge on the 8060 (a big selling point with me).
                            Be professional
                            Be polite
                            Be ready to kill everyone you meet

Comment

will 5 lumens protect night vision while using it to read maps or whatever small stuff inside the patrol car.

Comment

If I remember correctly, it's color that has the least effect on night vision. Red lights/LED's should generally protect your night-adapted vision. Any white light will diminish your night vision somewhat.
                                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4794 users online. 282 members and 4512 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X