300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty707 View Post
    Does anyone know if a LED replacement bulb exists for the Streamlight SL-20XP? Also, is there a drop-in NiMH or Li-Ion battery for it that works with the OEM charger?
    Look at:
    http://www.terraluxcorp.com/products...a60c3bd473ca62
    TL does not sell direct, but a quick Google search found:
    http://www.zbattery.com/TLE-100S-Str...20X-LED-module

http://www.led-replacement.com/tle-100s.html

http://www.batteryjunction.com/teledlienset1.html

http://www.lighthound.com/Terralux-T..._p_6-2148.html

http://www.ourledlights.com/product/TLE-100S

http://www.genesis7supply.com/index....PROD&ProdID=90

http://defensedevices.com/led-conver...light-20x.html

or else look for a local retailer.

Regarding the battery stick, look around for a local battery shop that will build / sell you a NiMH stick to replace the OEM one. NiCd & NiMH can be charged with the same chargers.

Always consider smaller, lighter and brighter plus rechargeable - they ARE out there!
    Last edited by PeteBroccolo; 11-01-2008, 12:05 PM. Reason: Found some webtailers for you!
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo View Post
      Look at:
      http://www.terraluxcorp.com/products...a60c3bd473ca62

Always consider smaller, lighter and brighter plus rechargeable - they ARE out there!
      Awesome! Thanks.
      ... I shall not be afraid of the terror by night or the arrow that flies by day ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Andy-GER View Post
        I had a V2 for some years, now I got this brilliant T7. Never thought a LED flashlight could be that bright.
        I´ve been in the garden right now, illuminating some clouds. Great! Hope this airliner won´t try again to land in my front garden...

Anyone else try this T7????????

been looking for another light and this looks awesome
        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Looks like a decent light... except for the fact that it uses alkaline batteries. With me using my lights in cold weather (sometimes in the teens) around here, that would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
            Looks like a decent light... except for the fact that it uses alkaline batteries. With me using my lights in cold weather (sometimes in the teens) around here, that would be a problem.

Well being in DC I hadnt thought of that issue...

Wonder if there is a different battery I can use?
            Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Have narrowed my search down to the

Lenser T7 and the Fenix TK11

ugh...decisions decisions
              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                Lithium primaries and lithium-ion rechargeables perform better in the cold, alkalines better in the heat.
                "Smile" - no!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo View Post
                  Lithium primaries and lithium-ion rechargeables perform better in the cold, alkalines better in the heat.

going back and forth between batteries seems like a pain IMO
                  Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                    going back and forth between batteries seems like a pain IMO
                    More a case of, are you working - 40 (F or C, either way, its COLD!!!!) or + 40 C (+ 100 F) night shifts mostly? When you store your batteries, are they in a frozen or sun-baked trunk? I DO work in an area that experiences 80 C range of temperatures, and while my lithiums have not become like lit fusees in the summer, I have seen my alkaline powered lights die off prematurely in the winter.

Given the latest advances in LED emitters and li-ion rechargeable cells, I highly recommend going that route. Having said that, however, if a person was partial to Mag-style / sized lights, incandescent light sources and NiMH power sources, Black Bear lights seem to be very interesting.
                    "Smile" - no!

Comment

Have narrowed my search down to the

Lenser T7 and the Fenix TK11

ugh...decisions decisions
                      I got the Lenser T7 and love it, if that helps. But I don't have the Fenix so I can't say if it is or isn't better.

Comment

Originally posted by gadphto89 View Post
                        I got the Lenser T7 and love it, if that helps. But I don't have the Fenix so I can't say if it is or isn't better.

Well seeing that you are in NY and your weather somewhat compares to here in MD/DC it does help....

thank u
                        Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Well being in DC I hadnt thought of that issue...

Wonder if there is a different battery I can use?
                          You could always just get 4 AAA rechargables to pop in.

I've had my T7 for a couple of months. Still love it and so far I have not even replaced the alkalines that came with the light. It definitely changed my perspective on LED lights.
                          Don't ever pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter
                          Sorry, champ. Armoring your nads is weird, so deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by cobes View Post
                            You could always just get 4 AAA rechargables to pop in.

I've had my T7 for a couple of months. Still love it and so far I have not even replaced the alkalines that came with the light. It definitely changed my perspective on LED lights.

Thanks...looks like Im gonna go with this light...
                            Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Well made my order....thanks fellas....will give u my opinion after I get it and try it out

http://www.officerstore.com/store/pr...pecial_offer_/
                              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

So I finally got a chance to play around with my Pelican 7060 during some training, a lot of people had streamlights and surefire and out of all the lights mines was the brightest (freaking thing is like a spotlight) but also the biggest, I don't think is that big compare to the maglite that we're suppose to carry. I paid 100bucks for it with shipping and it was worth it, even today at the training they said you will use your flashlight more than anything else on your belt especially for us rookie pukes working the late tour and grave yard....... I still haven't found a nice leather case for the pelican 7060, anyone know where I could get one that will fit?
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17630 users online. 262 members and 17368 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X