Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jDmImagE View Post
      Yup.
      All good so far - here is how it is currently configured:
      Lens: Borofloat
      Light source: Standard bulb and locking collar replaced with a TerraLux TLE-300M LED module
      Power source: 2 Ultrafire LC 18650 2400 mAh 3.7 v protected unregulated Li-ion rechargeable cells in an adaptor made from 25 mm od x 19 mm id x 125 mm l PVC tube sleeved in a 35 mm od x 25 mm id x 125 mm l PVC tube with 1 dot-sized Rare earth magnet and 1 thin square piece of metal to ensure proper contact between the tail-cap spring and cells
      Reflector: removed
      Tail-cap spring: Bright-Star Koehler Model 496 3 D Director-Lite tail-cap spring that had its last 2 coils removed to accomodate the 18650 cells which are longer than D cells

I HIGHLY recommend this set up if you like the Mag form factor.
      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
      "Smile" - no!

Comment

Has anyone tried Nitecore lights. I am looking at the D10 as a backup. It runs on one AA and puts out 130 lumens in a small package. I have not found anything negative on them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cobes View Post
          Just got a Lenser T7...holy crap is that thing bright.
          Originally posted by Whitewater-AGS View Post
          +1
          I carry a v2professional on my duty belt and its a great little light to use, in Ireland we are also issued the v2 tatical light which is a three cell light and very powerful.
          I had a V2 for some years, now I got this brilliant T7. Never thought a LED flashlight could be that bright.
          I´ve been in the garden right now, illuminating some clouds. Great! Hope this airliner won´t try again to land in my front garden...

Comment

Ok.. I need a new light.

I want a small light I can put on my belt. LED, Black, and one that comes with a nice holster for my duty belt. I would like to spend less than 100 and less than 50 would be really nice!

Am I the only one who thinks spending 100+ bucks for a freakin flashlight is crazy?! I mean can't someone make a good LED light for 15 bucks?!
            ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Do you know if they make any "SPEED HOLSTERS" for the TK-11's? I like the Surefire Speed holsters and prefer a plastic holster that holds the light Bulb up.

Is their holster that is included fairly cheap nylon or is it near bianchi quality?

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I use a Bianchi Accumold Elite light holder with my TK11... fits perfectly.
                    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

You guys knowledge on flashlights is amazing, thanks for sharing. 3 questions I have a 2 d cell mag lite that I am partial to, what is the best battery, bulb combo? And were can I order it? Last I have a rechargeable battery flashlight at home. Do I just leave the batteries charging all the time or do I need to rotate them even if I don't run them down? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TBuch View Post
                        You guys knowledge on flashlights is amazing, thanks for sharing. 3 questions I have a 2 d cell mag lite that I am partial to, what is the best battery, bulb combo? And were can I order it? Last I have a rechargeable battery flashlight at home. Do I just leave the batteries charging all the time or do I need to rotate them even if I don't run them down? Thanks
                        You could modify your Mag 2 D somewhat like mine, with the TLE-300M for a 4 to 6 D light, but buy a 6AA-to-2D adaptor and 6 AA NiMH cells to run it with, and an 8 bay charger for the cells. My 18650 li-ion cells do not last a full shift, and I am thinking about buying D sized li-ion cells, but they might be a bit too much for you to deal with if you have not worked with li-ion cells.

I would DEFINITELY rotate your batteries and NOT leave them sitting on a charger, no matter if they are NiCd, NiMH or li-ion - too many problems with "memory", overcharging or explosive / incendiary self-discharge.

There are, however, smaller but FAR brighter off-the-shelf lights - try eBay, Deal Extreme, Kaidomain, Wolf-Eyes, Olight, Romisen, Fenix, Pila, Tigerlight, Black Bear, Elektrolumens, Battery Junction, even the Dorcy 41-4299, plus MANY others.
                        Last edited by PeteBroccolo; 10-12-2008, 12:36 AM.
                        #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                        Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                        RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                        Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                        "Smile" - no!

Comment

So I got a Surefire 6P with the Surefire SpeedHolster.... about 115 bucks together but an awesome light and works well on my belt. Very happy with the purchase!

Comment

I have been looking at lights for a little while, trying to find one that matches my ideal flashlight.

After going back and forth for a while I think I have narrowed it down to the TK 11 (with 18650 li-ion rechargables, which is what really sells the light to me) or the Pelican 2390 (nicer holster with compartment for extra batteries, which is nice but not a requirement)
                            the other one on my list is the Inova T2 or T3, but I haven't read a whole lot about these two and I don't believe either of them come with a holster. (Does Inova discourage the use of 18650 rechargables?)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

Does anyone know if a LED replacement bulb exists for the Streamlight SL-20XP? Also, is there a drop-in NiMH or Li-Ion battery for it that works with the OEM charger?
                              ... I shall not be afraid of the terror by night or the arrow that flies by day ..."

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6051 users online. 308 members and 5743 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X