300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ERMDPD View Post
    Just ordered my maglite flashlight and Terralux 300MR bulb. I'll let you guys know how it performs next to my cousins 08 Inova T4 (best light I can find to compare to right now). I like to add that I ordered the bulb from lighthound.com and was very impressed by their speedy service. I ordered it this morning @ 5am and had an email by 12 noon, same day, that it had been shipped out with a UPS tracking number. Just thought I'd let you guys know for any one thinking of ordering any thing.
    Ligthound is a great place to order from, never had problem.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• I'm thinking about getting a Fenix PD20 cree premium Q5 as my secondary light.
      My primary light is a Pelican 7060.

What do you guys think about the PD20?
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
        What do you guys think about the PD20?
        The PD20 is a perfect backup light, multiple modes (Six I think) Cree Q5 emitter, long runtimes can be used with RCR123's but you will lose a few level of light and only have high and low.

Get it, you cant go wrong.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
          I recall reading elsewhere that the Pelican 7060, which is supposed to come in at 135, is nearly the same as the 2008 T4, which claims 175.
          TL, that thread was done by McGizmo over there when the 7060 first came out. It was putting out 190 emitter lumens and some where in the 170 range with out the front lumens.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=160091

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• I know incandescents are the devil, but I just got a good deal on a Surefire M2 centurion.

Retail's $179, I got it for $129.

Comment

• Not "The Devil", just seems there is better technology coming out. So long as it works well for you, that's the important thing.

How much will replacement bulbs cost?
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                How much will replacement bulbs cost?
                There the same as the P60 lamps that SureFire uses, $20.00 or cheaper. Ditch the Ican and drop a Malkoff in there.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• "The Devil" was kind of a joke.

Yeah, there are similar lights that will beat the M2/P60 output, but wow... this thing is built like a tank. It's now my EDC.

It came with two lamps -- the P60 and P61, plus I have several others so extra lamps aren't a problem.

Plus, I'm digging its shock-isolation system. If anybody gets a chance to handle any of the Millennium series hands-on, take a look inside the bezel. Pretty impressive.
                  Last edited by Till; 12-30-2008, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• I just got this light in the mail, its very bright. I am impressed for such a small light. It will be a backup to my INOVA T4.

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                    This is a cheap backup (or whatever) option.
                    http://ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1067.htm

Click the link, the webpage has a few pics including a beamshot. They claim 180 lumen. It can use 2x CR123A or 3X AAA. I use CR123A rechargables from ebay. Total price $18, including shipping.

Comment

• So I finally got my Maglite & Terralux bulb (rechargeable maglite). Here's my review on it.

First of all it is extremely/crazy bright. Hands down the best flashlight for traffic stops or police work in general if you like carrying maglites (or big flashlights). For traffic stops, think of it as a second spotlight while approaching the car (LED of course). It lights up a wide area 20+feet I would say (horizontal). It has an effective range of 200+ ft, goes farther than 200 ft but obviously not as good as objects that would be closer. With that said... I'm not a big fan of big heavy flashlights on my duty belt. It's really heavy when compared to similar lights (T4,pelican, etc..) and simply too big to be on a duty belt with all the options we have these days. I will keep this light in my patrol car/bag and pull it out when we're working a perimeter or the T4/pelican dies on me (haven't decided between the 2 which to get). It makes a great flashlight for my personal use at home. I live on 5 acres and own horses & already I have had to go outside in the middle of the night to check on them with the Maglite. It works so much better than any other flashlight I've used in the past. Worth the est-$160 you'll spend for both the flashlight & Bulb? In my opinion, yes. No doubt it's well worth it if you like big lights & don't mind the extra weight. Now if only they could make a flashlight the size of the T4, rechargeable, with the power of the maglite w/terralux...

Any questions feel free to ask... I'll try to compare it some time this week with my cousin's T4.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERMDPD View Post
                        Now if only they could make a flashlight the size of the T4, rechargeable, with the power of the maglite w/terralux..
                        Just a little bigger than the T4 due to the head size but brighter in overall output, take a look at the Dereelight MC-E:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=187069

It's always going to be the second picture when looking at the beam shots

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• Bump for the heck of it... I'll probably be making some updates soon covering multi-die emmitters and their advantages and disadvantages, and maybe some other stuff too.

Comment

• So I'm on my fifth night with my new Pelican 8060. Very satisfied customer right here. It has fantastic throw with very little spill. Punches through some of the darker tint up to about 20% on the tint-meter. Has a very long run-time and out-performs any other officer's lights I've seen. Overall a great buy and with the complimentary traffic wand cone it looks like a stubby light-saber..... awesome! "I see your scwartz is as big as mine."
                            "Innocent people don't run."
                            If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

"You really don't want my attention. If you are (insert dumbass criminal act here), you will receive my attention. And like I said before, you really don't want my attention. Catch my drift?" -Me (several times a shift)

Comment

• So, I've been reading all of the threads and everyone has great points. Though I'm not experienced with all of the lights, I do have the pleasure of owning the Pelican 7060 and Streamlight DS LED (w/ c4). Honestly, I don't think Streamlight is getting a fair rap on this thread. Asside from having the NICAD Battery, the Streamlight has been a super trooper for me. It puts out 140 Lumens vs. the Pelican's 130. Honestly, they look to be equally bright. I've owned the Pelican for a couple months now, and it's kinda a no frills light. The Pelicans throw is great and all, but it either on or off. I like the Streamlight because of its variable lighting levels and its strobe mode. It has very good throw as well. I find the Pelican to be kind of bulky. The battery life on both lights is about the same, except the Streamlight last just slightly longer. We'll see if the battery ends up with a memory problem, but it hasn't happened yet after 4 months. I've found it to be a little harder to get accessories for the Pelican. My end result, both lights are very comparable, and I don't think either one will dissapoint. I do like my streamlight better, but at the end of the day, this is just an opinion. If you're looking for a light, go out to a cop shop and see them for yourself.

P.S. I also use a Streamlight Scorpion LED (w/ c4) and it too is a flamethrower.
                              Last edited by SUPERCOP2b; 02-25-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• 'Sorry...Accidentally double posted'

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5221 users online. 298 members and 4923 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X