300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sog Knives Interchangeable Clip

I purchased the flash 2 and intend to switch the side the carrying clip is on. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Everything I can find online says it is "easily switched for ambidextrous carry"...etc. I must be troubled as I cannot determine how to switch it for support side carry.

I appreciate any responses.
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Most ambi knives are switched by moving the clip to the other side using the screws that hold the clip and screw-holes on the other side that admit the screws.

Comment

This one does not appear to be as simple. There are no screw holes on the other side. Also, the screws are ridiculously small. I guess I will have to go to Home Depot tomorrow and see if I can find a torx screwdriver smaller than a 10.
      No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
      -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamkn View Post
        This one does not appear to be as simple. There are no screw holes on the other side. Also, the screws are ridiculously small. I guess I will have to go to Home Depot tomorrow and see if I can find a torx screwdriver smaller than a 10.
        This is the exact knife I carry and yes, its that very small screw that you can see though the clip. In addition, I removed that safety so the knife would always open when I needed it.

David

PS - SOG is a very good company! I broke my clip getting out of the car once (caught on the seatbelt) and they sent me a replacement free of charge.
        "If it's predictable, it's preventable"

Comment

David,

Thanks for your reply! I did not even see that specific screw. Do you know the size of the torx head that you used to separate the clip?
          -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I have a 10, 15, and 20 head and none seem to work. The 15 will not fit in the hole on the clip and the 10 seems to just rotate inside of it, too small to make a difference.
            -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Use a 5/64's allen wrench....
              "If it's predictable, it's preventable"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6217 users online. 348 members and 5869 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X