300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Duty Belts

I work in my department's clothing & supply division and have been tasked with researching alternative duty belt designs and styles. For officers that may have back problems we are looking at the possibility of using a suspender duty belt system or any other options that are available. We currently issue a duty belt by Safariland model 87 / 2508. If anyone has any experience with a suspender system or another duty belt for officers with back problems you can reach me thru this site or direct at ajlewis@co.pg.md.us

I use a pair of Orca Custom uspenders. They make a huge difference ans far as weight transferrence and load distribution.

Even though I wear a nylon rig most days, the suspenders really shine ans make a fairly light rig even more comfortable.

Another company, K&H, makes a good set of suspenders as weel. I believe that the Pierce County Sheriff's Office in WA issues them.

The original trial proposal is available in pdf. format on the Orca site.

Comment

Tactical Design Labs

The training officer for my department recommended this duty belt set up. It has extra support and a good weight distribution system without the use of suspenders. I just picked it up today so I don't have any in the field experience with it yet, however it felt good when I put all my gear on in the living room

http://www.tdlabs.com/catalog.htm

click on "Professional Comfort System"
      "Just how big were those two beers?"

Comment

Originally posted by Id3 View Post
        The training officer for my department recommended this duty belt set up. It has extra support and a good weight distribution system without the use of suspenders. I just picked it up today so I don't have any in the field experience with it yet, however it felt good when I put all my gear on in the living room
        My sgt wears the same thing, says it really helps with his lower back pain.

Comment

Perry Suspenders are excellent.
          They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Outstanding, I really appreciate the suggestions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11184 users online. 478 members and 10706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X