300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot polish question

I bought the 5.11 tactics 8" side zip A.T.A.C. boots yesterday and the shop shined them for me. Today I wore them around the house a little and noticed they are covered in polish dust. Do i need to to hit them with the cloth to remove it or is this just the nature of the beast? I have never polished boots before. Any help is much appreciated.

Best time to put a shine (spit shine) is afte the boots have been 'broken in". Once the natural creases are created in the boot the polish dust doesn't appear.

Comment

Thanks! I bought one of the kiwi polish kits.

Comment

Search youtube for videos. Couple of good ones up there.

Comment

I have a kiwi shining kit, got it from target for like 10bucks.

This is the way I shine my shoes/boots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7_z...eature=related

except before I start, I take out the laces and I hit up the shoe with a horse hair brush first to get rid of all the dust and dirt and little scuff marks.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by kman1981
            the shoes from that youtube video look awful.....you'd get dropped in a heartbeat for those here
            I've notice that too, I think is because most of the vids are from kids in HS in the ROTC, this pair of bates are pretty shiny tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiGWG...eature=related
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by kman1981
              those videos are odd and creepy....is there some sort of fetish associated with polished boots/shoes? gross...
              LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I haven't watch a those vids but It wouldn't surprise me if people are turned on by shiny shoes. plenty of freaks in our society.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2981 users online. 121 members and 2860 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X