X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakley Boots

.40 S&W
    Forum Member
    Last edited by .40 S&W; 09-06-2008, 12:40 AM.

I could give a rats patoot if they looked cheap. They are light and comfy once broken in...at least the pair that I received from Oakley. I've worn my current pair on 10hr shifts for the last 2 months. So far so good. They are wearing evenly and show no signs of deterioration.

There are many other boots on the market that look better than the Oakley boots.

Comment

Oakley are the most comfortable boot I've even owned. I'd had my 1st pair almost two yrs and they're still in good shape. They are issued to us on SWAT but I wear them on patrol all the time. There is one problem, they are not water proof. Other than that they are a great boot.
      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

I like the looks of them, but have never had a pair myself. The guys that I know that do have them say they are very comfortable.
        However, they also said if it gets wet outside, they are not very good traction-wise.
        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Best boots I have ever worn I LOVE THEM.

Light - comfortable -good traction
          sigpicTrain Hard!!! Fight Smart

Comment

I had a pair. Dumped them because they have a problem with wet surfaces.

I also know a few officers that have slipped running on wet grass.

I recommend the Converse boots.
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I have a pair and absolutely love them. I have a pair of Rocky Basics that I wear when I need to be a little more dressy. (court, command staff meetings..etc) I work nights in AZ, so I rarely have rainy nights. Foot chases in Oakleys are like wearing a pair of running shoes. Its good times

Comment

Not an LEO but I've had mine since 2003. In fact I have two pair, one black and one desert tan for in country. I love them to death, just be careful on wet surfaces, they get a little slippery.

Comment

I'm sure they're popular, as Oakley gives a LEO discount. The guys that I know that have them like them.

Comment

Also if you are operating on a flight deck, the grit surface will destroy the bottoms, but otherwise a great boot...just that the high to isnt high enough for me..just my own pet peeve

Comment

I just got my pair of Oakley Assault Boots in and found they are running huge. I normally wear a 10.5 boot and my foot is swimming in these. Going to have to send them back for a 9.5!

Anyone else have this issue or did I get the elephant man pair?

Comment

Originally posted by IlonBlue View Post
                        I just got my pair of Oakley Assault Boots in and found they are running huge. I normally wear a 10.5 boot and my foot is swimming in these. Going to have to send them back for a 9.5!

Anyone else have this issue or did I get the elephant man pair?
                        They run one size big for me as well.

Comment

Anyone have any opinion on Bates tactical boots?
                          John2008
                          Forum Member
                          Last edited by John2008; 06-07-2008, 12:03 AM.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I had a pair of Bates a couple years ago. Didn't have any problems with them and they were pretty comfortable.
                            “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Originally posted by josepavento View Post
                              They run one size big for me as well.
                              Anyone else have the same problem? Anyone have to go 2 sizes lower?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3603 users online. 237 members and 3366 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X