300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite cop song?

I'm looking for some good LE or pro-LE music...any suggestions?

Johnny Cash - "The Highway Patrolman"
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

N.W.A. had a good one. What was the name of that..........................
      "You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." - George Orwell

Comment

From the early 70's, and the same album that gave us Short People, a song by Randy Newman, Jolly Coppers on Parade. Still, today, I have no idea about the sentiments behind the song. I just purchased it, on iTunes, a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not sure if this captures all the lyrics, but it goes...

They're comin' down the street,
        They're comin' right down the middle.
        Look how they keep the beat,
        Why they're as blue as the ocean.
        How the sun shines down,
        How their feet hardly touch the ground,
        Jolly coppers on parade.

Here come the black-and-whites,
        Here come the motorcycles.
        Listen to those engines roar,
        Now they're doin' tricks for the children.
        Oh, they look so nice,
        Looks like angels have come down from paradise,
        Jolly coppers on parade.

Oh, mama,
        That's the life for me.
        When I'm grown,
        That's what I want to be.

They're comin' down the street,
        They're comin' right down the middle.
        Look how they keep the beat,
        Why, they're as blue as the ocean.

Oh, its all so nice,
        Looks like angels have come down from paradise,
        Jolly coppers on parade.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

ridin dirty

Comment

I have to agree with SOCal, Johnny Cash - The Highway Patrolman
            Your body may say no, but your mind should say yes. Don't give up!!!

Comment

I Fought the Law (and the Law Won). I like the Green Day cover of that one...I've got it on my IPod in the crusier just for those "special" people in the back seat.
              "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
              -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I have the magnum P.I. theme song as my ring tone... before that it was the inner circle bad boys song.. the theme to cops. I always got weird looks when it went off out in public

Comment

Love and a .45 by Chris Knight
                  MOLON LABE!

Ever Cook any fools?!?

Comment

I love "Beer for my Horses" I play that everytime I pull into the parking garage. But don't forget the classic "Bad Boys" by innercircle (that's my ringtone).

But here lately our jail has been playing this....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u0gHvw_HY-Q
                    LOCKDOWN!

Comment

Highway Patrol by Junior Brown.

Link to Highway Patrol video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWPeCDTiUA

I throw out the cliche too...Bad Boys by Inner Circle.

Of course any theme song from a cop show you watched as a kid is always fun. CHiPs, Hawaii 5-0, Miami Vice, Swat, etc etc.
                      "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

Originally posted by Bighead View Post
                        Highway Patrol by Junior Brown.

Link to Highway Patrol video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWPeCDTiUA

I throw out the cliche too...Bad Boys by Inner Circle.

Of course any theme song from a cop show you watched as a kid is always fun. CHiPs, Hawaii 5-0, Miami Vice, Swat, etc etc.
                        I second junior Brown!
                        Great Song.
                        There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

I'll ditto this one. I didn't think his music would make it all the way to Alaska. I got to see him live a few months ago in Plano, TX. Make sure to go buy his newest album.

Originally posted by BeansBaxter View Post
                          Love and a .45 by Chris Knight
                          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I would have to add James MacMurtry's "Where'd you hid the body" as a close second.
                            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Radar Gun by the bottle rockets

I have Highway patrol as a ringtone for one of my trooper buddys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2924 users online. 171 members and 2753 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X