300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Boots

I am debating on wheter to get a pair of Oakley 8" S.I Assault Boots and the 8" Magnum Viper II. Does any one have any opinions on either? Should I spend the extra money for the Oakley's or save a $100. Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks.

Originally posted by Terps07 View Post
    I am debating on wheter to get a pair of Oakley 8" S.I Assault Boots and the 8" Magnum Viper II. Does any one have any opinions on either? Should I spend the extra money for the Oakley's or save a $100. Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks.
    I am not a LEO, but through my experience, stay away from the Oakleys. You do not get what you pay for. Sure they're comfortable, but you'll be hurting when you run on wet surfaces.

Again, I'm not a LEO, but check out the boots made by Converse. Absolutely fantastic. My unit ended up dumping the Oakleys for the Converse and we never looked back.

Just my .02
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I bought these and I love them!

http://www.lapolicegear.com/dastgtx8tabo.html

They are super comfortable, great price and free shipping to you and return if they dont fit.

Comment

Just got 5.11 Atac 8" and love them... really light and comfortable... haven't had to chase in them yet but I will feel comfortable in them...

Comment

best boots ive ever worn were the ones i was issued by the army they are made by bellville. they are expensive but if you wear a normal size you can get them new at surplus stores. ive worn mine alomst everyday since 2004 and there is hardly any wear anywhere on the boots including the soles. vibram soles too , but they really feel like tennis shoes

Comment

I like 'bates' and 'magnum' bootes! Those are the only two types I have used in my 7 years. I bought a pair of rockies once and hate them. Ive had them in my trunk as a spare pair for like two years and they are still like new.

Comment

I love the Ridge Air-tac's
              "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
              sigpic

Comment

Got to love the Danners. They are great boots that just mold to your feet. I have 2 pairs.

Comment

+1 for Danners. I'd gone the route of cheap boots too long. I will never own another pair that don't have Danner Arcadia stamped on them.

With boots and guns, you get what you pay for.
                  Invisible cows control my mind.

Comment

My vote has to be for "Bates". ( Did you know that Wolverine & Bates are the same company )
                    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabbottusmc View Post
                      Got to love the Danners. They are great boots that just mold to your feet. I have 2 pairs.
                      +1

Comment

So many boots

As far as boots go my suggestion is to try on as many different ones as possible and see what best fits you. No here's my take on different boots....

Oakleys- Lightweight and comfortable. Severeal officers have these boots and love them. They don't fit my feet right. Definite advantage is you can get the government/police discount https://usstandardissue.com/Default.aspx

Danners- The LEO standard issue, tough and long lasting. Able to be resoled. Kind of stiff and heavy, not bad when you get used to them.

5.11- Great boots, cheap. Mine (ATAC)were very comfortable but only lasted about 1 year.

Magnum- Not bad but just didn't fit right.

My Favorite boot-
                        Rocky S2v- I have had them for a few months and by far the best boots I ever had. I think they are a cross between an oakley, danner, and GI Jungle boots. Check them out for yourself.....
                        http://www.copshoes.com/c-rocky-shoes-p-ROC-102.html

Comment

Originally posted by USAF E5 View Post
                          +1
                          +2 on Danner Acadias! You can get them resoled and they'll last forever too.
                          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I wear Bellevilles (sp?) everyday, they were issued (Guard) before we went to ACU's and desert boots, so I wear them with my work uniforms and I am on my feet all day on concrete and steel so they have proven comfortable after 9 months of wear.
                            the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

Originally posted by TX_CO View Post
                              I wear Bellevilles (sp?) everyday, they were issued (Guard) before we went to ACU's and desert boots, so I wear them with my work uniforms and I am on my feet all day on concrete and steel so they have proven comfortable after 9 months of wear.

They are great boots also. Had a few of them while I was in the USMC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2600 users online. 140 members and 2460 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X