Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did the ball cap become an accepted uniform item?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko. R E N K O.

Comment

• GoldBadge
      GoldBadge commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I could picture him, but I couldn’t remember his name.

• just joe
      just joe commented
      Editing a comment
      He was my favorite.

I do like one of the UK models....I got to play with one...lightweight, foldable...not bad at all. Wears better than a US type baseball cap. Perfect for just keeping the sun out of your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut0783 View Post
      I do like one of the UK models....I got to play with one...lightweight, foldable...not bad at all. Wears better than a US type baseball cap. Perfect for just keeping the sun out of your eyes.
      Baseball caps over here in the UK are basically for plain clothes officers executing warrants & making arrests so that they can throw them on and show members of the public that the people kicking in a door or smashing in a window are Police Though, since the officers will also be wearing body armour and shouting "Police, police" it probably doesn't add a great deal. Firearms also wear 'em and I believe some UK forces wear them routinely with padding. My lot still have peaked hats for everyone, reinforced bowlers for female officers & the infamous Custodian helmet aka the "Bobby" helmet aka the t*t for junior male officers. None of 'em wear the helmet anymore because it messes with their elaborately waxed hair.

I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

The only guys who are authorized to wear them in my agency are people assigned to Street Crimes/SWAT with the BDU and those persons assigned to bicycle/motorcycle/mounted patrol when not in the saddle (where the are required to wear a helmet)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4368 users online. 278 members and 4090 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X