Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Luster

Good Morning,

Has anyone ever used Leather Luster on there boots/ gun belts. If so are you pleased with the results that you have gotten

I'll never use it for two reasons. One, I hate how it makes everything look "fakely" shiny. Two, it seems too permanent.

Comment

plus it starts to crack after a while. bunch of people used it at tech school for air force cause it was an easy way to get a shine, but then a few days later it was crackin and looked horrible. wouldnt suggest it

Comment

If applied correctly, to leather parts that don't flex or bend, it will last a long time, and can be removed and replaced easily. (Use paint stripper, and clean leather well afterwards before next application) If you are doing boots, only do the toe and heel, and work some kiwi in around the edges. You can also put a coat or two of kiwi over the leather luster, and it will take the fake shine look away and give you a smooth base for the kiwi. Don't use it for the tops of handcuff cases (the part you bend to open and close them) as it will peel and crack. I used it on the flat front of the case, where it does not bend, as well as the front of my holster too. Mine lasted at least a year, and the front of my cuff holder is going on 3 years now. All I do is use kiwi on the top where it bends. Boots don't last as long, maybe 6 months or so, as they are always kicking stuff and getting scratched. Most important thing with LL is to completely strip all the old wax off whatever you are applying it to, and allow it to completely dry between coats. Those sponge type paint brushes work great to apply it. Make sure you take your time and no air bubbles. Also, put them in a dust free environment (such as an oven NOT TURNED ON!) to dry.
        As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5382 users online. 309 members and 5073 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X