300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms...

So, how does everyone here carry all there forms, statements, etc?

I have used a plastic expanding file that I got from an Office store, but it seems very cheap. It already came apart in several places and is cracking on the bottom. Also the label slots are very small, and I don't want to have to memorize a code for all my forms.

One of the guys at my dept had built a file box that would fit in his duty bag, and has the green hanging files inside it. Something like that where I don't have to take something out of my bag to find a form seems ideal.

Just looking for some ideas or suggestions.

I have seen alot of guys use the filing system in their patrol bags, but I went to staples and picked up a small 3 ring binder. I put a bunch of those clear separators with open tops. Then I just put a bunch of each form in each separator. This way if I have to do different things I don't have to take my entire bag in I can just grab my binder.

Comment

Well, the expandable file thing works good. There are some heavier duty plastic ones out there that will last a while. Some people I know have a plastic file box complete with handle, hinges, and latch to carry their forms in. I just have five manila folders with about five forms in each, and I place the folders in my bag between the policy manual (a surprisingly thin binder) and my day planner. I hate carrying a lot of stuff personally.

Comment

Originally posted by lionheart45 View Post
        I have seen alot of guys use the filing system in their patrol bags, but I went to staples and picked up a small 3 ring binder. I put a bunch of those clear separators with open tops. Then I just put a bunch of each form in each separator. This way if I have to do different things I don't have to take my entire bag in I can just grab my binder.
        I really like that idea! Thanks!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lionheart45 View Post
            That's exactly what I've got. Then I just threw those blank labels on the top-right of each page and labeled the form so I can just thumb through the book and find the right form.

I also have a clipboard though for situations like DOA's where I'm finding various information for a while and don't want the paper getting lost. Works good on tows, too, or other situations where someone else has the form for a while.
            "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4615 users online. 275 members and 4340 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X