300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Ideas

What kind of equipment have you guys integrated into your daily duties that isn't normally associated with police work?

One thing I found that worked well for me working nights was a clip-on book-reading light. I don't like lighting up the entire inside of my patrol car at night when I'm on a traffic stop. I clip the book light on the visor above me and it's just enough to illuminate my daily or ticket book. The one I use is flexible so it moves out of the way easily.

Feel free to share your ideas and what you've used.

A small dry erase board, marker, and something to wipe it off with can be handy. Just lay it in the seat beside you. Mine has a magnet on the back and will stick to the metal radio holder that I believe is called a "JottoDesk." It also sticks to the laptop platform.

It comes in handy for writing down phone numbers and house numbers given over the radio, quickie BOLOs, and other things you don't have time to pull a paper and pen out for. Rarely do I even cover the entire surface of mine with writing, but it's handy. It's about the size of a sheet of paper.

I have an ink pen that lights up so I can write in the dark. It gives off just enough light for you to follow a line. It was a freebie from a drug rep.

Comment

Hand sanitizer.

Oh, wait, nevermind.
      All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

I carry a mosquito clamp, a small pair of medical forceps, in my uniform shirt pocket. Very useful for picking up things we'd rather not touch, reaching into pockets, and picking up small objects. I also use it regulary for unjamming printers and copiers.

Comment

I work security at a hospital so and here is something that I find that I can't live without. They are called Hype-Wipes. They are a bleach towel in a packet. I use them on my handcuffs anytime they go on someone. Also a good can of Foam disinfectant is a good idea.

Comment

Velcro, Velcro and more Velcro (industrial strength). Use it to stick in place the Radar remote control in the squad, use it in my duty bag to keep things in place. Use it on my tac vest... the list goes on and on. My life would be different without Velcro
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

Here ya go. I like listening to music that I have on the laptop. Plug this in and there you go. Others use it for mp3 players and others use it for movies while working o/t details.
              Patrick
              Excuses only please the one telling them!

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

Originally posted by barr151 View Post
                Here ya go. I like listening to music that I have on the laptop. Plug this in and there you go. Others use it for mp3 players and others use it for movies while working o/t details.
                Link no work. Maybe give me the item number so I can look it up on RadioShack... now I'm curious to see what it is.

Comment

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
                  Modify the link a little.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOrteganator View Post
                    Link no work. Maybe give me the item number so I can look it up on RadioShack... now I'm curious to see what it is.
                    I went to radio shack and just searched for the same thing that s/he did and it goes to something like ... "Catalog #: 12-2054". It uses an FM station on your radio to broadcast anything that its connected too (such as an MP3 player).
                    "If it's predictable, it's preventable"

Comment

Originally posted by barr151 View Post
                      I use one I bought from Wal-Mart. I have a USB thumbdrive that I have alot of music on. I plug it into my laptop in the car and plug the FM transmitter into the laptop also. Works like a charm. The good thing about the FM transmitter I bought is that it has a 12v plug that I plug into my cigratte lighter so I dont have to use batteries. I was eating batteries like you wouldnt believe. I have enough music to go a whole 8hr shift and not have to listen to the same song once.

Comment

A couple years back I picked up a Sirius satellite receiver. This has to be some of the best money I've spent.

Comment

I use a cassette adapter for my music instead of a transmitter. Thinking about switching though. With over 2000 songs on the lappy, it's a must.
                          Having the laptop pump audio through the car stereo is good for CAD updates on the computer and such too.

Comment

a good book.
                            -Sean

Comment

Sorry about the dead link and thanks for the fix to the correct one. Having the one that can be plugged into a power source makes it a lot nicer ($$$$$). Its also nice to custom tune the music choices for the ride to the jail.
                              Patrick
                              Excuses only please the one telling them!

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3072 users online. 181 members and 2891 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X