Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmest jacket / bomber with side zipper?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmest jacket / bomber with side zipper?

Hi all,

I'm on a quest to firm the warmest jacket possible that has size zippers for your firearm/taser (left and right sid

I've narrowed down my choice to 2 options but i cannot find them in the size and color of choice.

- Constable parka by Canada Goose
    Unfortunately it's discontinued and I can't find a medium size in navy blue.

- Maitland parka has the perfectly cut side zippers, not as long as Constable parka. I really like this jacket, however I called every single store and visited every single authorized reseller website, including US, Europe and Asia.
    I could not find the Maitland parka in Admiral Blue color and medium size.
    My agency is very strict on color and that's why I need to have the same color as uniform kit.
    The Maitland parka in available in what they call the "new blue", however that color is probably 5% blue and 95% black. I wish I could find it in their "admiral blue" color.

I know some will say that Canada Goose is overpriced etc.
    Maybe it is, but I don't know if there's anything better/warmer. And I don't mind paying for to get exactly what I want. I have a civilian Skreslet parka, and nothing else I've tried from other companies matches their warmth.

I also run very cold so warmth is important.

My friend suggested I get Arcteryx LEAF Cold WX jacket. He said he wore it at -40C and was super warm.
    I tried wearing it under my softshell jacket at 5C with some wind and I was actually uncomfortably cold.

I've heard of a few companies making warm jackets, such as the triple fat goose, moncler, quartz, North face, outdoor survival canada etc. but the difficulty is finding one with a side zipper. I need the jacket to cover the belt and have a little but of a zipper on the side for the firearm.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

One more option that I found
    Outdoor Survival Canada Akiak jacket.
    Not sure if posting links is allowed

Comment

What does your agency issue/specify?
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

What is issued is not publicly available, it's manufactured to the specs through a tender/contact.

As long as the color is similar and it has side zipper, it will be fine. Darker variations of blue would work.

I like the Outdoor Survival Canada parka, my only reservation is the fit. It's kinda baggy.
        I really loved how the Mainland parka fit me but I don't have OSC store anywhere near me to try it on. I found a review on YouTube and I'm not impressed with how it fits.

If I don't find anything better, I'll probably go with OSC and order one size down.

Comment

Why aren’t you wearing your issue coat? Add some thermals if you’re cold.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5555 users online. 341 members and 5214 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X