Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the smallest, lightest expandable baton

Hello,

In an attempt to lose weight on by gear I'm looking for the smallest, lightest expandable baton that can still take a beating. What are my options?

There aren’t any. Why would you downgrade to a piece of garbage that may be used to save your life?

Really think about that.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

That's probably a question best suited for someone in your department, such as you defensive tactics instructor. They might have a policy requirement for specific brands, sizes, styles, etc.

Comment

Embrace the suck and get an RCB. I switched 2 years ago and love it.

Comment

I agree I wish I could just toss mine in the trash, I have witnessed and personally used mine with little effect! That being said I have to carry one the asp 16” feather weight one is still quality but I hardly notice it on my belt.

Comment

As a baton instructor, I would advise against going with smaller and lighter. The length and weight transfer into energy into the target. Unless you're a smaller person (<5'4" or not well fed) I would suck it up. Ineffective strikes over and over on camera closely resembles excessive force.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnersmate323 View Post
              I agree I wish I could just toss mine in the trash, I have witnessed and personally used mine with little effect
              The weird thing is, over here, we're always turning over young hooligans with extendible batons stuck down their pants or in their socks. I assume they carry them because they see the 5-0 carrying them and they assume extendible batons are actually useful in a fight because we have them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are entirely useless. I wouldn't go out of my way to have an extendible baton smashed across my forearm or shin - but equally I wouldn't want a filled adult diaper shoved in my face and I could fight through both - and I'm very far from double b*stard hard (though to be fair, I've experienced the former and am just guessing about the latter). Extendible batons are a half-measure. They are relatively small and appear unthreatening until they are racked. They are light. And they are likely to be at hand - straight batons and PR-24's often get left behind in Police vehicles because it is awkward to retain them in your belt and easier just to stick through a door handle or whatever. However, as Mr Ehrmantraut reminds us in Breaking Bad, we shouldn't take a half measure when what is called for is a full measure. ASP's (or whatever you want to call them) are basically just a talisman.
              I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

ASP Talon airweight baton....

Comment

So, it's been over two months now. Did you ever get your baton?
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3780 users online. 225 members and 3555 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X