300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP Baton Vs Monadnock Auto-Lock Baton

I am looking to buy a new baton and was looking for peoples opinions on the ASP Baton Vs Monadnock Auto-Lock Baton.
    All comments welcome.

Well, I like the ASP as it has less moving parts.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Our agency recently went to a collapsible called the Rapid Containment Baton (RCB) made by Peacemaker International. Excellent product!
      "There are two sides to every story.... mine and wrong." ~Stephen Colbert

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." ~ Mel Brooks

"Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed."~ Mel Brooks

Comment

Being the owner of both-Monadnock is the one I would get, SOOOO much easier to close up again.

Comment

I like both of them and own both of them. The only thing that puts the autolock in front of the asp is the action of not having to hit it on the ground. I think it kind of looks a little unprofessional but that's just my opinion(Im not saying people who own them are unprofessional so please dont jump down my throat everyone!! ). Other than that I think the asp's shaft feels better when striking.
          If he knocks your teeth out swallow them and hit back, never give up because an officer doesn't deserve to die on a dirty street.

Comment

I also like the fact that the Monodanock won't tend to close after several strikes with it (loses friction). It closes when you push the button.

Comment

Monodock all the way, an ASP will wear out and will slip out, unless you adjust it. I also have seen a ASP bend during strike to the leg, and before anyone jumps down my throat it was a valid strike to the thigh and was only the second strike.
              There are laws to protect the freedom of the press's speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people from the press.

Mark Twain

Comment

I've carried and used both. I much prefer the Monadnock to the ASP.. one button push and easy collapse.
                ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                -- John Wayne

Comment

I also own both. Monadnock all the way. I have two Monadnocks and have had 0 problems with them.

Asps do slip when you don't want them to. Honestly though, I don't think it is that big a deal as it is fairly easy to re-expand mid swing. I've also had the Asp not want to close when I wanted it to.

Another friction lock I'd consider are Winchester Batons. The weight is nice and you can't beat the sound when you deploy.

Comment

Had the Monadnock for a year now. It's been very robust and trusty.

Just the sound of popping it out is enough to make a possible suspect follow your order. The only setback is the weight of it in the belt but you'll like the weight of it in your hand.

I've tried batons without autolock, and don't like them. I feel safer with a locked baton.

Not had any experience with the ASP.

Comment

The force I work with only issue the autolock, excellent piece of kit and never had any problems with it. Makes a loud click when you extend it to, soon puts off any potential offender,

Comment

Monadnock is, imho, the best expandable baton on the market. It is easy to use, quick into action, and will stand up to being used whereas the ASP's have a history of collapsing in on themselves when making multiple strikes.

When you get your Autolock, be sure to buy a Hindi cap to go on it. The Hindi cap makes the expandable baton a much more user friendly, safer, and easier tool to use.
                        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I have a Monodnock friction lock right now, we're in the process of switching over to the Autolock. Like others have said; the friction lock has a tendency to get loose on it's own.
                          -Sean

Comment

I have the Monodnock auto lock with hindi cap, and I think it takes up too much room on my belt. I have since positioned it behind my gun, which alleviates some of that problem.
                            It also has the problem of extending if I jump a fence or run after someone, which is really annoying when getting back into the cruiser. I like the design, I feel the ASP is more compact, and the amount I have used it, I really want an ASP for its compact ability. Really, the only thing I have used my baton for is to break windows.
                            "All statements made shall be protected by the First Ammendment to the U.S. Constitution in which I have sworn an oath to protect."

Just don't expect me to agree with yours...

Comment

Monadnock PR-24;-) on the left side almost in front of radio.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3309 users online. 151 members and 3158 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X