300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 GAP info

Anyone have any info/expierence with the new 45 GAP Glocks? Our department is issuing them soon, and I wanted a bit of personal experience research from the brotherhood. Thanks in advance.
    As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Sorry, won't be able to answer your question because I think most people are still wondering WHY the GAP was even made and most aren't buying into it. The good old "solution for a non-existent problem" argument. Between the lack of selection of ammo, the hard time finding ammo, and the fact that Glock made the 21SF, AND the G37 only holds 10 rounds while the G21SF still holds 13, (WTF was Glock thinking?) makes the choice even more bewildering. There haven't been enough (if any) confirmed street shootings with it. I just wonder what Administrator decided to go with gun chambered in an unproven cartridge with less capacity that very possibly will disappear in 3-5 years.
    Last edited by dogcop; 05-24-2007, 02:23 AM.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

I don't understand what function the .45 GAP will perform that the .40 S&W doesn't already? If a double column .45 ACP is too big for an officer's hands, go to a .40.
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Funny thing is... We have the 40 now. I didn't see anything wrong with my Beretta at all, and actually just bought some high cap 20 round mags for those extra special incidents. Anyone else have a department that replaces perfectly good things?
        As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Anyone else have a department that replaces perfectly good things?
          Doncha just love that Chances are your vests could probably use an upgrade, or you got outdated computers or squad car lighting, but the ONE thing they decide to spend money on is actually a step backwards! It's like that in most places sadly.
          www.saveavet.org

Comment

We just switched to the 45 GAP, from a 9mm Glock.

I love mine. It's easy to shoot and it puts big holes in things.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4636 users online. 242 members and 4394 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X