300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with holster bouncing

Hi. I am currently employed as an armed guard and have a quick question about my holster. My set up is a standard nylon duty belt (about 2 years old and lined with velcro) with the typical gear on the belt. My holster is an Uncle Mike's Pro 3 slimline and is positioned at 3 o'clock. I have belt keepers on either side of the hoslter securing it to a nylon belt (lined with velcro).

I have noticed that when I run the holster bounces against my leg. While I do not foresee this as being a significant problem, this is somewhat annoying. I was wondering if there was any way to better secure the holster. The only thing that came to mind is to buy a new nylon belt, but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do instead to better secure the holster. Thanks in advance for your help.

do you wear an underbelt lined with velcro?
    Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Yes, I have a nylon belt (it is similar to the one here) that is lined with velcro to which I secure the duty belt. I also use belt keepers around the more heavey equipment to help keep it secure (such as the holster). I thought this would be sufficient, but I am thinking either I have something set up wrong or the duty belt is in need of replacing (hoping for the former though).

Comment

If possible, get a higher-riding holster.

I stole a high ride Uncle Mike's adapter for my slim Pro-3. It rides great, but the draw is now dangerously difficult.

I'm switching to a Safariland ALS/SLS high ride. One thing I like with Safariland holsters is that your velcro belts can lock together behind the holster because of the mount design. This would also reduce holster movement.
        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Resq14 is right. A high ride holster doesn't bounce around as much. Any jacket slot or drop holster will bounce a bit no matter how well secured it is. The Uncle Mike's have always seemed a bit prone to this in my experience as well. I have very little problem with my Safariland 070.
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

How often do you run? More importantly, why? LOL.

Comment

Sorry about not responding in a while. I have been pretty busy at work. Thank you all for the replies. I guess I'll have to put up with it for now, and look into getting a new holster in the near future.

ArkansasFan, to answer your question, I am a private security guard at a place open to the public. When we are busy, we end up having to respond to fight calls, to which we run. Also, if there is a significant disorderly group (depending what it is), we might run to the call as well (the location of where I work prevents us from driving vehicles).

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

We were taught in our academy that if you have to run, you should hold your hand on your gun. This may help the problem with out having to buy any other gear.?
                Do the right thing, even when no one is watching

Comment

A better quality (than Uncle Mike's), high ride holster (as mentioned above) will help greatly.
                  "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5720 users online. 325 members and 5395 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X