Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97ss150
    replied
    my chief tossed me a second change monarch. its a pretty badass vest lvl 3a and lighter and more flexible than the 2a that i had. so im thrilled to death with it. just threw my t15 insert into the pocket and away i go

henry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So, good for a tac team, but that's about it. Looks like the ABA Xtreme for me then.

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    They make dragon scale for police also, its way smaller than what soldiers wear. They are about the same weight and size as any normal vest, just able to withstand twice as much damage.
    Curious as to where you got these stats from. I went right to the Dragon Skin site and this is a cut and paste of what was on there site for there "police style" vest
    +++++
    Nominal thickness
    The SOV-2000â„¢ is the thinnest multiple repeat hit vest on the market and is from .796" to .858" in total nominal thickness.

The SOV-2000â„¢ Level III, with our large standard tactical front and back panel configuration weighs 16.5 lbs. and varies depending on the level of coverage needed. The SOV-2000â„¢ is manufactured with a ceramic composite.
    ++++

OK, my ABA is .16 in thick, this is about .8 in thick
    My ABA weighs 4 lbs, this weighs 16.5 pounds....
    I would NOT say that these stats are anywhere close to a "normal" vest. I have seen the videos, etc. for Dragon Skin, it's amazing stuff, just no where near what a "normal" vest would weigh or thickness.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm waiting to see what the life expectency of the dragon skin for patrol is. If it's about 2 years as stated, I will be getting the ABA vest. I was just issued another vest by the dept, but the darned thing is so heavy and just doesn't move (stiff as thick cardboard).

Leave a comment:

• blackwaterops
    replied
    Originally posted by dogcop View Post
    Ummm, if you aren't planning on patrolling the streets of Iraq then I would recommend an ABA Xtreme HP. Don't really need Dragon Skin for regular uniformed patrol GT Distributors has great prices and service on them. Website is www.gtdist.com
    They make dragon scale for police also, its way smaller than what soldiers wear. They are about the same weight and size as any normal vest, just able to withstand twice as much damage.

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    Ummm, if you aren't planning on patrolling the streets of Iraq then I would recommend an ABA Xtreme HP. Don't really need Dragon Skin for regular uniformed patrol GT Distributors has great prices and service on them. Website is www.gtdist.com

Leave a comment:

• 97ss150
    replied
    price for the conceal is about 860 i think from the info i gathered today from the rep but a 2xl or larger is a 26% upcharge and thats bs for real

Leave a comment:

• lewy15
    replied
    Anyone have any info on the "Halo" vest. Are department is looking at getting those for the next vests.

Leave a comment:

• Voirdire
    replied
    I actually do have a list of their prices (a .pdf file) but it's to read which vest is which.

Leave a comment:

• blackwaterops
    replied
    I know the tactical vest with shoulder, and crotch guard is around 7000. Now the concealed for police Im sure is cheaper if anyone finds out let me know

Leave a comment:

• 97ss150
    replied
    i called and am awaiting a call from them. i have not been issued we are a small dept. but i do have a vest that i bought prior that is a 2a but i want more protection and a better fit

Leave a comment:

• Voirdire
    replied
    Ah yeah, I saw it too. I definitely want one . I dunno if I can spend $4K on it though =\. I thought I heard somewhere that they have to be replaced every 2 years or something, is that true?

Leave a comment:

• Norman
    replied
    Yea, but it will stop .308 AP rounds. It even saved the torso of a dummy from a frag gernade(saw it on future weapons )

Leave a comment:

• Voirdire
    replied
    I was looking at the dragonskin, it's like $4,000 isn't it?!

Leave a comment:

• blackwaterops
    replied
    Try pinnacle armor I wore the tactical dragon scale vest with blackwater they are the best vest out there no lie!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4177 users online. 261 members and 3916 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X