300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best vest?

im thinking about buying myself a vest. what would you guys say is the best 3a vest? i am considering custom fitted ones as well. lemme know whatcha think and where to go to get one

henry

Originally posted by 97ss150 View Post
    im thinking about buying myself a vest. what would you guys say is the best 3a vest? i am considering custom fitted ones as well. lemme know whatcha think and where to go to get one

henry

I wouldn't know where to go to get a vest that isn't custom fitted. Any uniform shop should be able to set you up. Online and catalog retailers like Galls have instructions on how to measure yourself although I would recommend finding a shop as they will have samples for you to try on.

Your profile say that you are sworn. You aren't issued a vest??

Comment

Try pinnacle armor I wore the tactical dragon scale vest with blackwater they are the best vest out there no lie!

Comment

I was looking at the dragonskin, it's like $4,000 isn't it?!
        Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Yea, but it will stop .308 AP rounds. It even saved the torso of a dummy from a frag gernade(saw it on future weapons )
          Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Ah yeah, I saw it too. I definitely want one . I dunno if I can spend $4K on it though =\. I thought I heard somewhere that they have to be replaced every 2 years or something, is that true?
            Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

i called and am awaiting a call from them. i have not been issued we are a small dept. but i do have a vest that i bought prior that is a 2a but i want more protection and a better fit

Comment

I know the tactical vest with shoulder, and crotch guard is around 7000. Now the concealed for police Im sure is cheaper if anyone finds out let me know

Comment

I actually do have a list of their prices (a .pdf file) but it's to read which vest is which.

Comment

Anyone have any info on the "Halo" vest. Are department is looking at getting those for the next vests.

Comment

price for the conceal is about 860 i think from the info i gathered today from the rep but a 2xl or larger is a 26% upcharge and thats bs for real

Comment

Ummm, if you aren't planning on patrolling the streets of Iraq then I would recommend an ABA Xtreme HP. Don't really need Dragon Skin for regular uniformed patrol GT Distributors has great prices and service on them. Website is www.gtdist.com
                        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                          Ummm, if you aren't planning on patrolling the streets of Iraq then I would recommend an ABA Xtreme HP. Don't really need Dragon Skin for regular uniformed patrol GT Distributors has great prices and service on them. Website is www.gtdist.com
                          They make dragon scale for police also, its way smaller than what soldiers wear. They are about the same weight and size as any normal vest, just able to withstand twice as much damage.

Comment

I'm waiting to see what the life expectency of the dragon skin for patrol is. If it's about 2 years as stated, I will be getting the ABA vest. I was just issued another vest by the dept, but the darned thing is so heavy and just doesn't move (stiff as thick cardboard).

Comment

They make dragon scale for police also, its way smaller than what soldiers wear. They are about the same weight and size as any normal vest, just able to withstand twice as much damage.
                              Curious as to where you got these stats from. I went right to the Dragon Skin site and this is a cut and paste of what was on there site for there "police style" vest
                              +++++
                              Nominal thickness
                              The SOV-2000â„¢ is the thinnest multiple repeat hit vest on the market and is from .796" to .858" in total nominal thickness.

The SOV-2000â„¢ Level III, with our large standard tactical front and back panel configuration weighs 16.5 lbs. and varies depending on the level of coverage needed. The SOV-2000â„¢ is manufactured with a ceramic composite.
                              ++++

OK, my ABA is .16 in thick, this is about .8 in thick
                              My ABA weighs 4 lbs, this weighs 16.5 pounds....
                              I would NOT say that these stats are anywhere close to a "normal" vest. I have seen the videos, etc. for Dragon Skin, it's amazing stuff, just no where near what a "normal" vest would weigh or thickness.
                              www.saveavet.org

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6252 users online. 331 members and 5921 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X