300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really strobe usefull or gimic

so what do you all think about the strobe feature in the streamlight led ???
    when would you use it or is it just a cool thing that the flaslight does and you would never use

I dunno which Streamlight you're referring to, but this seems impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Oyixf_grA

Strobe demo is shown...
    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

I could see how this would work to disorent someone, man this light is cool

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
        I dunno which Streamlight you're referring to...
        He's talking about the Stinger LED.

Comment

In that case I'd say "gimmick" based on the comparatively dim light.

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

No gimmick. It works like a charm to disorient a potentially dangerous and hostile subject. The shock alone from the strobe to the eyes buys you valuable time.
            State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

I have no experience with the Streamlight unit, but have been on the receiving end of the Gladius strobe feature. Not only couldn't I see, but I thought I was going to throw up. It is very effective at disorienting somebody in a dark environment.
              \

Comment

The LED Stinger just doesn't seem as bright as the Gladius. I agree, SRT, that the Gladius' strobe feature works as advertised.

The newer lights with next-generation LED's (Cree, for example) are going to be amazing.

Comment

if you want to see a strobe light in use while clearing a dark building go to the blackhawk website and watch the demo video.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2703 users online. 191 members and 2512 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X