300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi tool on duty belt

so am i the only one that does not carry a leatherman or gerber multi tool on there duty belt . if you do where on your belt do you keep it and what kind

Originally posted by akronohio View Post
    so am i the only one that does not carry a leatherman or gerber multi tool on there duty belt . if you do where on your belt do you keep it and what kind
    I carry my Gerber in a second cuff case along with my folding knife. I keep that case next to my spare cuff case on the back of my belt to even the belt out, preventing a sore back from sitting in the cruiser. Never had a problem with this set-up.
    Last edited by ArcLight; 05-08-2007, 11:47 AM.
    "... They think I'm crazy... But I know better... It is not I who am crazy... It is I who am MAD!... Didn't you hear 'em? Didn't you see the crowds?!! Oh my beloved ice cream bar... How I love to lick your creamy center... And your oh-so-nutty chocolate covering... You're not like the others... You like the same things I do... Wax paper... Boiled football leather... Dog breath... WE'RE NOT HITCHHIKING ANYMORE... WE'RE RIDING...

--Ren Hoek, Space Madness

Comment

Yeah, I carry a leatherman tool for all those times I need more than my 12 dollar gerber knife, er... door opening tool I mean.

I went to an equipment store, and found a duty belt case for it for like 9 bucks. I find that I use the leatherman quite often. Removing license plates, wire cutters, pliers, yada yada yada.

Good deal, and mine was a gift, so the price was right
      Invisible cows control my mind.

Comment

Leathermen since 1994, same one, Basic Training graduation present from my Mom, what a gal. The screw driver bent in 1996 removeing my first bad plate, but it still works. I carry it behind my asp which is behing my rubber gloves and my pistol. its not very big, but its one of the larger ones.
        It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Alot of the guys in my dept carry them on their duty belt. I've never seen it as the "I need it right this second" tool. I've always kept it in the door pocket and can grab it when need be. I keep my pocket knife clipped to my weak side pants pocket; since that is the "I need it right this second" tool.
          Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Comment

I'm with Sureshot. It's in a single mag pouch attached to the strap on my gear bag. Leatherman Wave.
            "Don't mistake my kindness, for weakness"

Comment

In the gear bag, not on the belt...
              All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Originally posted by billtex213 View Post
                I'm with Sureshot. It's in a single mag pouch attached to the strap on my gear bag. Leatherman Wave.
                Ditto here.....plus the sharp "seat belt cutter" on the same war bag strap.

Comment

I keep one in my duty bag on the front seat of the patrol vehicle. Also I have one on my Tactical belt. I have on of the drop leg holster that has a mag pouch in front, so I put my Gerber multi tool in it. (Can't see putting a mag in it, to far to reach when I have two on the belt and two more mags on the vest).
                  Live everyday as if it is your Last! Because someday you will be right.

Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Comment

Our policy prevents us from carrying a multi tool or any kind of knife on our duty belts. The only exception is Crime Scene Investigators can. I have a Leatherman tool in each vehicle I own plus my patrol car.

Comment

I keep one in the small of my back between my handcuff pouches. It is stored perfectly in a single single-stack .45 caliber mag pouch. (photo attached)

I use it frequently. The phillips screw driver for license plate removals, the long file extended to get through popped trunk locks so I can engage the mechanism to open the trunk, cheap blade for scraping tape, the standard screwdrivers for prying stuff, the awl for punching small holes in things, the pliers for all kinds of things, etc.

YMMV,

EDJ

"It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

My Swiss tool fits on my duty belt just fine in the case the nice folks at Victorinox supply with the tool.

Erm

Comment

Leatherman- handy tool especially for prying those screen windows off on welfare checks. Shhh don't tell Mr Core.

It is to the left of my cuff case (right rear side)
                          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Don't feel bad. I don't carry one either, and I won't. The less, the better, IMO.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3703 users online. 219 members and 3484 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X