300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q about vests for female officers

I was wondering if any of the female officers have tried any vests that are specifically designed for women. Has anyone tried the new SAVVY vests? Their website says they make vests for women:

http://www.savvyarmor.com/

My department issues a vest, but I don't mind spending money on something that will be more comfortable, as long as its high quality. Any input or preferences?

SAVVY Vest for women

Any luck with the SAVVY vest? I was looking at ordering the same vest, but have not talked to anyone who has actually worn it on patrol? If you bought it and have tested it out, what did you think?? I would like to do some research before I purchase one myself. Thanks....

Comment

Most of the major vest manufacturers make vests for women....

The best way to go about it is to get a vest that is custom fitted to you....dont ever buy one off the rack.....
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

it looks like those vest built for women do not protect your abdomen at all. are regulars mens vest like this also? granted i haven't had to wear one yet but i would think more protection is better then comfort.
        This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

Okay cover your ears guys.........................

Wearing a vest can be a conflict of interest!!! Ya wear a bra to hold them up and the vest ends up squishing them flat.

Most of us women wear sportsbras or just a t-shirt. That way it is not so uncomfortable. There is a female who has big (big big) boobs...she just wears a tshirt.

I order my vests without a cup size. Once they decided to "give" me a cup size figuring I forgot to fill in the blank. Well...I looked like Madonna. No thank you very much.

When you get sized....try removing your bra and see the difference.

I also think the vest is more successful...if it lays flat against your chest.

Hope this helps
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

WE NEED PICTURES!!!

G-man
            1*

Comment

On another note, I heard that implants may stop a bullet!!

So, ladies with implants will get a little extra protection.

G-man
              1*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3332 users online. 163 members and 3169 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X