300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with duty belt loosening

I have a Bianchi nylon duty belt with the hard plastic snapping mechanism in the front. It's the type where you fold both ends and loop them through the plastic clasps and depending on how tight you want the belt you can fold more material over to make the belt shorter and tighter. Anyways, it's gotten to the point to where by the end of my shift the belt is loose and needs to be re-tightened in the locker room every day before my shift. I will readjust it and put it on and it feels nice and snug. After a couple hours on my shift I can feel the belt start sagging. By the end of the shift the material that I had folded through the plastic clasp is now much shorter which means it has been loosening.

Anyways, I wear an inner Velcro belt and I do wear belt keepers. So my problem isn't that the inner belt loosens. And it's not just specifically the front portion of the duty belt sagging but the entire belt loosens throughout my shift. How can I prevent this from happening?

How much of the belt is folded on both sides? You may either have too large or too small of a belt. When I wore a uniform I ran the mag holder over the excess portion on one side and a handcuff case on the other. They didn’t move.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

I don't have it in front of me right now but if I had to guess I would say it's folded over about 3" on the right side and maybe 4" on the left side. My mag holder is on my left side and the back of it is a large flat plastic piece which means the folded over portion of the belt can't cinch tight onto the Velcro to form a good seal. I have a small keeper around the belt fold to try and keep it tight but that obviously isn't working. Maybe the mag holder preventing the belt from velcroing to itself is the problem but...no matter what belt I get I'm going to have that same mag holder so I don't see how to avoid that.

Just realizing this description would probably be much easier with a picture. I'm re-reading my description and it seems confusing lol.

Comment

I have the same belt. The hook-and-loop material will wear out over time

Comment

Unless you can lock down the fold, it won’t have enough Velcro to grip. You have too much gear on your belt, or need a longer belt.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Unless you can lock down the fold, it won’t have enough Velcro to grip. You have too much gear on your belt, or need a longer belt.
            or you fold it over to where you want it and take to to a shoe maker who can stitch it down and make the cinch permanent
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'm thinking what I might do is get a piece of industrial strength Velcro. Put a piece on the back of my mag holder and that way my belt fold on my duty belt should be able to stick to that and prevent it from loosening.

Comment

What I was saying was slide your mag holder over the double layer of belt. The velcro stays in contact may be tight to slide at first depending on the model. Same for the other side but a different item over the folded belt.
                Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
                  What I was saying was slide your mag holder over the double layer of belt. The velcro stays in contact may be tight to slide at first depending on the model. Same for the other side but a different item over the folded belt.
                  I can certainly try that but I don't think the opening on the back of the mag holder is big enough to fit the fold in the belt

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7227 users online. 312 members and 6915 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X