300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peerless

I realize this has been posted up before regarding the spring which can fail causing problems with the locking mechanism, but felt you should be aware that they may be other serial numbers affected as well.
    My cuffs failed last night, shortly after using them on a max. security inmate (..and no he did not do anything to them, was under constant watch), and these cuffs are numbered far outside the numbers provided in the recall.
    The pawl will engage and then release at any time (virtually NO spring pressure there) and the double lock pin floats around on it's own, sometimes double locking the cuffs when they are open, therefore preventing them from even closing.
    Good thing I'm off until Monday when I can go trade these in on hopefully a better set.

get ya a pair of S&W's mine have yet to fail, and my buddies got his from his father, they were used long butt time ago...
    Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

I wish we had the S&W's, in fact I would purchase my own if they will permit it. The Peerless are issue, so we'll see what they say..???

Comment

i was issued S&W i havent had to use them yet since we have a closet full of handcuffs we use on inmates so i have never had to take my personal set out yet they seem nice though

Comment

i just purchased a pair of hinged peerless 801 restraints.. they failed right out of the box.
          this is the 2nd pair of 801's that i have bought that have failed right out of the box. the double locking mech is loose and the left side can spin thru a cycle of teeth with no effort.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN1977
            the double locking mech is loose and the left side can spin thru a cycle of teeth with no effort.

yep...exactly the same with mine.

Comment

I've had the same set of Peerless hinged for over 18 years and they still work perfectly.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Well...fresh set of Peerless again, S&W might be on the horizon but not right now.

Comment

I had 2 pairs of peerless hinged, One was in the serial number range that was effected. I sent those in for replacement. The day I sent them in the other pair, that was not in the serial number range failed. Peerless replaced both pairs and I have not had any problems since.

My next pair will be S&W though.

Comment

I had one pair go bad so I sent them in to peerless and the sent me a new pair very fast. In aboutthree months the new one broke same thing. their customer service is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by 56-26
                      I had one pair go bad so I sent them in to peerless and the sent me a new pair very fast. In aboutthree months the new one broke same thing. their customer service is very good.
                      Well I am glad something is good about peerless!

Glock pistols...S&W handcuffs...geeesh...just what are they teaching at the academy these days!
                      "Anyone is capable of anything"

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be".

-Peter Gibbons
                      Office Space

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6785 users online. 351 members and 6434 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X