300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White tee-shirts

Hello, sorry if this question has been asked before. Does anyone know of or have any articles on safety issues regarding wearing white tee-shirts. I have heard that there is an article regarding the white shirt exposed at the front of the neck can be used as a traget point for a shooter. Some of us want to change our Departments policy and wear black tee-shirts. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

We wore black t-shirts for the duration of one Sheriff's term. When a new Sheriff got elected we went back to white. He felt the black looked too sinister. That Sheriff went on to forbid dress-down Fridays too. Plain clothes guys have to wear a tie, preferably with a jacket.

That's when I started wearing a uniform more...
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

yea my dept sent out an email warning of it calling it the triangle of death we havent really heard of any better ideas though

Comment

Originally posted by C/O-Rubincan
        yea my dept sent out an email warning of it calling it the triangle of death we havent really heard of any better ideas though
        I got one as well......but can't find the damn email.

It basically said that gangbangers were supposedly being taught to shoot for the white portion of the t-shirt on a uniformed LEO because there was no vest coverage there.....

Comment

Yes I have heard of this but our agency won't consider the change unless we can offer some proof done in a study. I hate Politics.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop
            Yes I have heard of this but our agency won't consider the change unless we can offer some proof done in a study. I hate Politics.
            When I go to work, I will look for the email again.....but I think I zapped it.

I will try to figure out who sent it and see if they still have it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357
              I got one as well......but can't find the damn email.

It basically said that gangbangers were supposedly being taught to shoot for the white portion of the t-shirt on a uniformed LEO because there was no vest coverage there.....
              With all due respect, if a banger can hit the exposed part of my tshirt, then he can hit my head. Neither has any vest coverage.

I'm all for safety, but this seems like a non-issue.
              "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
              -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh
                With all due respect, if a banger can hit the exposed part of my tshirt, then he can hit my head. Neither has any vest coverage.

Agree with you.....but just putting out what the "Safety Bulletin" said..... I think I got it from the US Attorney's Office out here.....and they had sent it to everyone.....as the list was huge......

I know a couple of places back home (my old agency included) that went to dark colored T-shirts becuase of this......

Comment

I have the safety bulletin. It came from a southern CA agency. Possibly Long Beach. One of their officers was shot this way a few months ago. Story was that bangers were shooting at the triangle as it served as a highly visible aiming point even during low light times. IIRC, the officer was shot by a 17yr old banger from about a block away on an unrelated traffic stop.

If you're LE, send me a PM with official contact info and your agency email address, and i'll send it out.
                  Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper
                    I have the safety bulletin. It came from a southern CA agency. Possibly Long Beach. One of their officers was shot this way a few months ago. Story was that bangers were shooting at the triangle as it served as a highly visible aiming point even during low light times. IIRC, the officer was shot by a 17yr old banger from about a block away on an unrelated traffic stop.

If you're LE, send me a PM with official contact info and your agency email address, and i'll send it out.
                    Thanks for the assist....as I am sure I deleted it and our system at work won't let me recover it since it's been so long......

I got mine from the US Attorney's Office out here....as their LECC sends out safety bulletins all the time to us.....

Comment

It was either Fresno PD or SO. I like the black t-shirt idea just because it looks better than white and I have a ton of black t-shirts from motorcycle rallies and powerlifting meets.
                      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Our agency actually wears white shirts under all white uniform shirts..

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

I agree. Besides, who really wants to wear a V-neck anyway. Blech, teh gheyzor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

It is not about the banger being a great shot, it is about giving him a focus point when when you are in a dark alley or apartment complex. The area is exposed, and even if he is a bad shot (As most are), he may get your head or neck area. This is why we do not wear reflective writing on our vest (unless we are stuck working traffic control).

Comment

Why not make this really easy and do what I did. I went out and spent $3.00 on RIT clothing dye and made the white tshirts blue. Its pretty simple and a solution to the issue.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6774 users online. 350 members and 6424 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X